Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some progress on "Topper", my 32 Ford project

Steve H.

Just a little progress, though. I stalled out before the NNL West, as I had to spend too much time getting ready for the show. Its taken a week or so, but I'm back into it, now.

Went with shorty headers, modified from the RMCoM parts. Instead of blending the megaphones back into the pipe, I left them larger to create the effect of a larger pipe welded on.

P2140010-vi.jpg

Foot room? What foot room? Kit dash and gauge pods, Revell decals, AMT 49 Merc steering wheel, RMCoM "Foot" gas pedal, scratchbuilt shifter with a white metal skull. I left a pedal out because I had already built the whole interior and couldn't get under there! Oh well, points off for that one! :shock:

P2140011-vi.jpg

Craft wire piping, painted body color. Side panels are BMF aluminum. I'm not real happy with the total interior, as I got pretty heavyhanded and didn't take much care with it. It should look ok in a shaded interior (or I dissassemble, strip and rebuild it! :? )

P2140015-vi.jpg

The pan is painted Tamiya red-brown, with acrylic back washed into the grain. I'm happy with how heavy this is, as its under the car and would be pretty grungy. The metal plate was scratched to hide the floor mount steering column hole. That cracking you see in the tranny tunnel is what happens when you forget that you used an acrylic wash and put lacquer over it! I'll dirty it up, and most of it will be hidden by the tranny anyway.

P2140020-vi.jpg

Looking good, Steve. That is a cool skull shift knob! Who makes it? The only one I have found so far is this one that I think is from R&MCM, which I put in my '40 Ford pickup.

quote]

Yeah, show the whole pickup!

I found these sets at my LHS, in the DnD game dept.

PC240001-vi.jpg

Steve, I never thought of using pieces from that dept.! We have a whole store here in our little town called 'Six Feet Under' that has all the fantasy games and figures. I guess I'll have to check it out. I did show a few pics of my '40 Ford pickup back when the truck thread was in under glass, but here's a few again, not real good, I've since improved my lighting in my photo booth.

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2122.jpg

IMG_2121.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg