Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trimeresurus Gramineus Viperidae

Peter Lombardo

• 3 weeks later...

As a Mopar guy, this gets me going! I've been planning to do something similar; take a SRT10 coupe to a GT1-spec car. Also thought you might want to know that Chevrolet is bringing a Corvette Zo6X track car AND and Camaro SSX track car to the SEMA motorshow. Looks like Chevy beat you to the punch!

Wow! love the paint! that looks really nice. You threw me for a second. If you look at the 2nd and 4th picture down, it looks like Donald Duck on the back window. Then I just realized it was the Viper emblem upside down!

Did you have any problems with this kit? Turned out killer!

Mike

Wow! love the paint! that looks really nice. You threw me for a second. If you look at the 2nd and 4th picture down, it looks like Donald Duck on the back window. Then I just realized it was the Viper emblem upside down!

Did you have any problems with this kit? Turned out killer!

Mike

Thanks Mike, I picked up on the Donald Duck look also, my brother, who printed and cut the vinyl on the computer, got a big laugh out of it too. Actually, because I opened the doors, I had to make a number of changes with the lower body side panels and the interior pieces so I don't really think my experiences with the construction would be typical. I tend to modify the cars I build so much, I don't really know what the "standard" build would be. The sides of the car are very tight with the chassis and the lower side panels are to be added to the body after the chassis is in place. But for the opened doors that I added, I had to attach the side panels first to provide enough strength to the body and get the door opening right. And because of the complicated decal of the snake skin that I added on top of the paint, I had to have the body complete first before the decals went on.

So to answer your question....I think the tolerances on the kit are tight and the fit is pretty good, all things considered. I think any builder with average skills will be able to get it completed without any major problems. I would recommend this kit as it is really a great car and belongs on all of our shelves. :lol: