Model Cars Magazine Forum

'70 Lamborghini Miura Project!!!!

cruz

Cruz, beautiful work so far. I absolutely love your cleanliness of the build. I really look forward to seeing this one completed. I agree with most, it is/was a beautiful design.

I have the luxury of being able to look at one here every month for our Cars & Cafe. So easy to look at.

Chris

Interior looks amazing so far and the polish.... wow. I am just getting into trying Future but this looks better. I've used Turtle Wax on cars before and buffed them out by hand and NEVER had this result! This will be a car of beauty when finished and I certainly thank you for showing us along the way. I know its different scale but it will help me on mine later.

Marcos, the only critique I have on the interior is the fact that the seat belt buckles look a little thin. Not your fault but is it possible to add more material to them to make'm more hefty? Other than that... the rest of the darned thing is so perfect I had to look twice! Excellent job so far.

Was sorting through my magazines trying to put a mess to order and came across a box of 1960's Road & Tracks with a cover you might find interesting. This is before the Mura was actually released and this engine debuted in 350 GTB as a longitudinal front engine/rear drive 2 place GT.

If you are interested... I have a '66 Car & Driver with some nice pictures of a Mura in it. I can post them too?

RT081964-vi.jpg

:)

Marcos, the only critique I have on the interior is the fact that the seat belt buckles look a little thin. Not your fault but is it possible to add more material to them to make'm more hefty? Other than that... the rest of the darned thing is so perfect I had to look twice! Excellent job so far.

Was sorting through my magazines trying to put a mess to order and came across a box of 1960's Road & Tracks with a cover you might find interesting. This is before the Mura was actually released and this engine debuted in 350 GTB as a longitudinal front engine/rear drive 2 place GT.

If you are interested... I have a '66 Car & Driver with some nice pictures of a Mura in it. I can post them too?

RT081964-vi.jpg

B)

Thank you Jairus, I too think they are a bit thin, should have used a piece of photo-etch over the other for some thicknes at least on the buckles, too late now. Anyway, thanks for that engine shot, I can always use it for some reference help when starting on the engine. :D

That's a metal transfer included in the kit. It has several metal transfers in it.

B)

Mark, thank you for responding to this question, here is a picture of the metal transfer decals, they really are nice and what I like about them is that they are a bit thicker than the photo-etch ones.

Miura1004-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

• 2 weeks later...

Okay my fellow glue sniffers!!! ;) I have been away for a little while, life kinda gets in the way and you have to deal with it. :lol:

Anyways, all I did was work with the small side scoops next to the windows and have completed the BMF work on the body. Thank God there was not much BMF... :rolleyes:

I had to remove the chrome from the scoops and paint them body color, after checking my references on the real car I never saw one with this part in chrome. I added a bit of black paint to the small vents and installed them.

Miura9001-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Miura9004-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Miura9026-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

I have also completed the engine and the chassis, not much detail on the engine since it will be hard to see it once the body is married to the chassis. I also Alcladed the disk brakes but these will also be hard to see once I place the tires and rims onto them.

Miura9013-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Miura9010-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Miura9011-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki