Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for a 78-79 Ford Fairmont

I remember seeing that come along, too. I wished he had made that body so it could be built as a road-going car, too. It was a Fairmont Futura, which is a really pretty car. One I wouldn't mind seeing kitted in styrene; I'd buy a case so I could do all the two-tone variations.

Charlie Larkin

A Ford Fairmont? I do recall a cartoon... I think it was in the now defunct 'Car Modeler' magazine. Guy opens up a model kit labeled "Ford Fairmont". Out comes two blocks... one long one for the body, the other shorter for the greenhouse. A puzzled look from the builder.

I would buy a case too! I love these cars! My 2nd car (which was my first drivable running car) was a Mercury Zepher 4 door sedan. Picked her up for $150 when I was 15 years old. Mint condition minus the paint was faded. Also I will attest to the cars too. My friend from years back had a 2 door Fairmont and was T-boned by an 18 wheeler. He is alive and well and that says something for these cars.

• 3 months later...

Art Anderson...paging Mr. Art Anderson....

We have another idea for Moebius.

As I remember you saying, Art, "only the best tuna becomes Star-Kist" with regards to a few ideas floated in the chat. Well, there ain't no such fish as a scrod, and they sell just as well!

Something to think about...

Charlie Larkin

That is coming out nicely.

And he's going to do a stock one, too! YAY! I can build that pretty two-tone tan and gold car like the brochure had!

And a bunch of other combos, too...

Charlie Larkin