Model Cars Magazine Forum

1990 Ford F350 Crew Cab

Neat..never seen a cab like that...I've seen a couple aftermarket 6 door ones of that generation along w/ 4dr Broncos (badged as a 'Centurion').

Rob, I don't know if it was a factory option or an aftermarket like the 6 doors or the Centurion Bronco, but I've seen one or two of these style cabs cruising my local area. The one I know of for sure is a white and teal two tone somewhere in the 92 to 96 year range.

Jason, thanks for giving me the inspiration to finally start my own 1990 F350 project, I've just been to afraid to take the saw to it. I finally did, and it will be popping up soon! B)

I saw one of these style cabswhen I worked at wal Mart but think it was a Dodge i cannot be sure the lady who was driving it

told me it was hard to park and sometimes if the road had sharp corners she had trouble turning.

But it had tons of leg room and held three carts of groceries I was surprised to see it all go in and she still had room for her kids.

Nice work on the build and the colors look great togethr. looks good so far cannot wait to see this one finished.

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys! I've been tinkering with this build a li'l here and there. I've had a ton going on and didn't really have much to update. So, I'm gonna present you an update! It's nearing somewhere, but not anywhere near the finish line.

First off to answer the question of 4x2 vs. 4x4. It's a 4x2 truck and going to stay factory ride height. Updates? Yes, here we go fellas!

I got the interior painted, carpeted, and assembled. In doing so the rear door panels that were modified broke apart. So I jus' glued them in the best I could and since it's black inside it's gonna be hard to see anyways. I did spray it grey at first then to black. I did detail it and paint the door trim silver instead of woodgrain like my 1993 F350 I had.

I modded the front seat since I wasn't happy with the plainness of it. I made the front seat where it has a fold down console that resembles more of the 1992-1998 F350's instead of a 1988-1991. So, I figure it's a custom it's got a custom bench seat. It does fold down and up. In doing this I had to add strip styrene to make the seat a tad thicker so it would operate smoothly.

DSCF0529.jpg

Down Position:

DSCF0539.jpg

Up Position:

DSCF0541.jpg

Dash gauges are dry brushed with silver to give them depth but look white int he pic.

DSCF0542.jpg

I did get the bed together, lights installed, and foiled across the tailgate. I did the "Reflector Strip" with a Red Permanent Marker.

DSCF0545.jpg

DSCF0552.jpg

The Reflector/Lights on the dually fenders are peices of square BMF touched with Orange and Red Permanent Marker to resemble the 1:1's. Cab lights are installed. The windows are installed and still contemplating on doing the rear door windows in the "down position." I also did the wing windows in the "open position" for something different.

DSCF0547.jpg

DSCF0549.jpg

DSCF0550.jpg

Sorry for the delay in an update! Jus' been workin' slowly on projects in between other things. Enjoy! Comments welcome. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...