Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Camaro

Clay

I got this kit from Raul while I was in California. I did most of the work there. One thing I did not notice was that the chassis was warped. I don't know if I can run it under hot water with it painted or if I am just SOL. Anyway, here is the Camaro as it sits.

DSCF1973.jpg

DSCF1971.jpg

DSCF1970.jpg

The best thing about white glue is that it is easy to wipe off if you use too much, however, this can happen.

DSCF1974.jpg

Edited by Clay

I built a 51 Chevy and was putting it to-gether when I run into that same problem, warped frame.

I tried everything to get it correct and finally gave up.

It is currently sitting on my workbench waiting for my skills to improve.

That's the spirit! LoL Great lookin' Maro. I'm a big time fan of these GM babies. I dunno how many times I've cracked the windscreen only to have to make a new one. Keep up the great work!

When I get a badly warped/twisted kit I put it in hot water and gently massage it back in place. If it still refuses to "dewarp" then I build it as a Drag Car and make it look like it's launching from the starting line. :blink: Keep on building, you're doin' great! B)