Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy the other 32 (New Guy stuff)

Tony

Hi

I started these two 32 chevys a while ago, when I read that the Vampire Van was once the MPC 33 panel. I had picked-up the Vampire Van for parts

and had an old 32 Chevy Cabriolet. I found that the V-van fit on the 32 fenders and that there were parts to put a Surf Van together. I cut the window curtains out and put a panel in where the Hearse windows were. I think this makes it look more like an art deco style delivery van not a hearse. What do guys think, does still look like a hearse? ( I think it's also to short be a hearse).

IMG_0038.jpg

The picture on the Surf van is temporary working on a new one.

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

I started the 32 Chevy Rat Rod when I saw a Rat with the radiator in the trunk and just a Moon tank up front, since the grill was going to the 32 Surf Van. I thought why not ( I hate wasting good parts). I chopped the top and decide to put a Stove bolt six in it from the 51 Hard top Chevy kit. I am also putting the Fisher head on it from the same kit. I don't know what kind of fuel system to put on it. I have to do some research on that.

Wow found the edit button

Tony,

Both are lookin' pretty good! No, the van really doesn't look like a hearse, even with the framing on the back.

I really like the direction the cabriolet is taking! I think a grill more easily identifies it as a Chevy, but I understand your desire to use the parts you have. No matter what I think, it'll be cool when finished.

Darn, your pics are supersized! :shock:

Thanks Steve

Glad you like the Cabriolet, the sign on the panel on the Surf van is temporary. I will be working on a better one.

You are right pics to big and it looks like I delete two of them. Looks like real newbe mistakes. I will have to learn how fix these problems and repost them.

Both look great. Nice solution on the delivery. I was going to try something similar, but do a pickup instead. Good to know the parts swap out well, despite the Vampire Van modifications to the tooling. I wish they would re-issue the roadster.

Here's one I started awhile back, need to get back to it once I finish moving.

100_0728-vi.jpg

100_0729-vi.jpg

Hi Tony, welcome to the board. Both '32s are shaping up nicely. The "hearse" doesn't look like one anymore. I looked at the pix before I read your writeup and I never even thought it was a hearse. I'm diggin' the stance and powerplant in that roadster too! 8)

Thanks Craig

Wow great looking start on a Rod. I am guessing, but its a 32 Phantom Vicki with a 32 Chevy hood and parts from a Nomad for the roof Cool.

You got it mostly right. It's a phantom vickie body with an narrowed and shortened AMT '55 Nomad roof. It also has the cowl and windsheild from a revell '32 speedwagon. Will have a slightly modernized straight 6 for power. Once I'm finished moving I hope to get back to this one, and many others.