Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Charger Daytona

Bruno

Hey everyone! Here's the '69 Hemi Daytona I just finished. It's the Revell pro modeler kit. I bought this kit sealed, and when I opened it, there were two sets of slicks, and no stock tires, found some tires in the parts box. I also decided to use "recall" wheels, even though I know those are not factory correct on a Daytona. Color is B5 blue with black interior and stripe. I had some trouble with the stripe, it ripped at a few places, but managed to fix it. Anyway, here's some pics;

34f5da9de3.jpg

913eb01995.jpg

acd7ad1812.jpg

adbfde7564.jpg

81ee63de78.jpg

ee50e68efc.jpg

:)

Thanks everyone! :)

Bruno, did the "recall" wheels come with the Daytona kit or did they come from another kit? Thanks.

Just like Mark said, the only kit I know that has those wheels is the MPC or AMT '69 Barracuda kit. Those wheels are not in the Daytona kit because they were not available on a Daytona. Even though those wheels were supposed to be used on Mopars for the '69 model year, they were recalled and Chrysler stopped using them in september '68, a few months before the Daytona assembly began.

Mark is right, but let's just clarify that Chrysler were not making the wheels, the manufacturer was Kelsey-Hayes, and a few cars were sold with those rims on.

You will find some info about those wheels here;

http://wwnboa.org/khw.htm

And here's a company that makes repros (for 1:1);

http://www.specialtywheel.com/wheel-showcase/mopar/mopar-warrior-wheel.html

Edited by Bruno