Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fine Inline

ghettoluxury

Looks a lot like my workbench..............

Bodylines look good with the drop, and from what I can seee the wheels will fill the wells nicely. Any ideas on color schemes yet?

Not sure on the color scheme yet, but I'm thinking it is going to be a shop truck.

I put an ifs under the front and Z'd the frame. I also pulled an "Iron Duke" out of the parts box for the drivetrain.

downsized_1005002029a.jpg

downsized_1005002029.jpg

downsized_1005002030a.jpg

0906001944b1.jpg

This truck looks great laying rocker panels. I'd like to see one like this with 58 headlights. Since you are thinking shop truck, check out Chevy's website for the new 3LT Colorado green, that would look really good on this. (Kinda like a military green.) Considering the height of the wooden bed floor, it looks like you body dropped the bed for the raised rear frame. Are you going to be able to get away with only the stock floor body drop on the cab or are you going to have to give it a channel or traditional body drop as well? Oh and one more question...Are you going to do trailer tubs on the front wheels? Sorry, for rambling, I just like any Chevy truck that's layin' frame or rocker.

Edited by Skydime

This truck looks great laying rocker panels. I'd like to see one like this with 58 headlights. Since you are thinking shop truck, check out Chevy's website for the new 3LT Colorado green, that would look really good on this. (Kinda like a military green.) Considering the height of the wooden bed floor, it looks like you body dropped the bed for the raised rear frame. Are you going to be able to get away with only the stock floor body drop on the cab or are you going to have to give it a channel or traditional body drop as well? Oh and one more question...Are you going to do trailer tubs on the front wheels? Sorry, for rambling, I just like any Chevy truck that's layin' frame or rocker.

I will have to look into the green. Since I Z'd the rear frame the bed floor had to be raised but up front the IFS took care of everything. There will be no need to body drop the cab or do custom tubs in the engine bay with the wheels I chose, they are large in diamiter but very narrow. I am with you on a Chevy truck tuckin and the 58-59 front clip considering the last 1:1 I built was a 58 Apache.

I really like the work you did on the drop. It has just the right look. One thing I noticed from the first photo (and I'm sure that it is just because it was mocked up)is that the body line isn't lined up with the line on the bed. I like the bed wood and weathering too. What kit is the IFS parts from?

Later-

No, sir, I don't like it...but I do actually love it! Looks like one of the trucks you would see in Truckin' that just got pulled out of a field, bagged, bodied, tuned up, wheels, and featured. Very nice work...actually I think there is a current truck magazine with a similar styled 70s Ford.

Edited by Skydime