Model Cars Magazine Forum

Internationa Payhauler 350

This is the latest, a little break from logging trucks. I've had this kit for a few years and dragged it out a while back to build. It was fun to say the least and HUGE when finished. I added hydraulic lines to it, but with no real reference it was a best guess. ERTL actually put nubs on various fittings for rubber tubing but no reference to it in the instructions. The only problem I had was some fit issues with all the reinforcing ribs on the bed. I painted it first flat white(two spray cans) as a primer, and then three full cans of Tamiya camel yellow. I added various decals from other AMT kits to give it a little personality. Now I have something to haul around on my 7 axle lowboy.

P1010119-2.jpg

P1010115-2.jpg

P1010116-1.jpg

P1010117-1.jpg

P1010118-2.jpg

cheers:

Bill

This is the latest, a little break from logging trucks. I've had this kit for a few years and dragged it out a while back to build. It was fun to say the least and HUGE when finished. I added hydraulic lines to it, but with no real reference it was a best guess. ERTL actually put nubs on various fittings for rubber tubing but no reference to it in the instructions. The only problem I had was some fit issues with all the reinforcing ribs on the bed. I painted it first flat white(two spray cans) as a primer, and then three full cans of Tamiya camel yellow. I added various decals from other AMT kits to give it a little personality. Now I have something to haul around on my 7 axle lowboy.

cheers:

Bill

Looks great Bill. I just picked the same kit up from a friend. Makes me wanna get going on it now.

Barry

Very nice, Bill.

I know what you me about not find much reference, all I have found so far researching mine is this:

ih_350.jpg

It does have some interesting stats, though, like shipping weight and dimensions.

Here's a couple on the lowboy. That is a great Data sheet for the truck. I was wondering about what it's specs were.

P1010120-1.jpg

P1010121-1.jpg

Cheers:

Bill

That looks like a great setup, Bill. Is the trailer itself the AMT lowboy? I was wondering how the Payhauler would fit on one.

That looks great but I cant tell if you have it but you should think about getting some oversized load stickers for the lowboy too.

It sounds like we have a DOT cop in training! :):) I'm just kidding with you Justin.

I just looked again, and I see the Oversized Load on the top of the cab and looks like on the stand on the end of the trailer too.

Edited by highway

I don't build trucks, still stuck on cars, but you have done a great job on this one.

Love that Low-Boy also.

From what I can see of your work area I am sure some pictures of it would be interesting.

Where does that train go?

An impressive unit.You must be a better painter then I am,I can barley get one car sprayed out of one can when using that kind of paint,never mind only 3 on this beast.I have one waiting to build,was thinking of useing cub cadet touch up paint from the tractor dealer.Here is a bunch of links for these beasts

http://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/truck_brochures/international/

http://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/workshop_manuals/international/

Also search TEREX payhauler.They built them after international.They were painted grey