Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1969 Chevy Camaro

Nova-ss

hi All,

This is a project I've been working for awhile.I'm almost done with it,but looking for soon mirrors for this.I don't know what there called but they are more aero dynamic then the ones that came on this car.I scratch built the traction bars and panard bar.I made change to the back rears...there 10 inchs deep reverse off set.I mixed my own color for the paint.I'm happy for the most part with it.but still don't like some to.I'm building another one.it going to be close but different color and different race setup.tell me what ya think.Thank you,Chris

Dsc04963.jpg

Dsc04952.jpg

Dsc04946.jpg

Chris, it looks GOOD! The ONLY critique i might have is that the slapper bars are a tad too far from the spring. There should only be about 1 scale inch between the snubber at the front of the bar and the spring. I KNOW it's a small detail, so that should tell you something about how nice it came out! I know I like it!:D :D :D

Thank you all for your coments.George 53.yes I know that the traction bars are to low,I was a dumbell and did not pay attention to that till it was to late and I thank you.I need to find a set of mirrors for it and do a little detailing to it.Thanks all,Chris

The mirrors you're looking for are the "Rally" option, the closest I've found lately are in the MPC re-release of the '86 El Camino from Round2

I will look into that kit.I did not know were to find those mirrors or if they had ever been in kit form.Thank you,Chris