Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cummins KTA-600 Engine Kit 1/25 Scale

Hello Everybody

New item at P&P Resin Works - Cummins KTA-600 engine kit - This engine is very detailed through out - Engine will be shipped as it appears in the pics with the parts still on the resin cards to prevent breakage of the tiny parts and to make it a bit easier to scrub them after soaking them before painting.

Also included with engine is a pic disc with a lot of ref. pics of a 1:1 engine and a step by step pic assembly guide.

You can e-mail questions or orders to eric@ppvintagekits.com

Price is 35.00 + shipping

KTA-600Cummins010.jpg

KTA-600Cummins023.jpg

KTA-600Cummins012.jpg

KTA-600Cummins014.jpg

KTA-600Cummins016.jpg

More pics at http://s821.photobucket.com/albums/zz138/porky_45/KTA-600%20CUMMINS/

Edited by Porky

Hey Ray & Jerry

Thanks for the good words, it is a killer engine. We thought the ref. pics would be good and something I have not saw anyone else doing. The disc also has a step by step assembly guide, block halfs together painted them black, glue on the next part and take a pic with the new part in white then paint that part black and so on though the entire build so the added parts show up well.

Nice engine, and cool idea for the assembly instructions.

Thanks, Chris

Cass done an over the top job on the engine masters, the pic disc came with the master parts from him so I can't really take credit for that either but it was a cool idea on his part. Maybe we can do that for the rest of his parts as well when we offer them.

Edited by Porky

Eric,

That Engine kit looks great. Very impressed with the detail. I bought some KTA resin engines a few years ago but they were missing some important details such as compressor and fuel pump. I had to scratch build these myself. Maybe when I get my Project engine completed I will send it to you to see whether it can be cast?

On another note, I contacted you a while ago reference an extended hood for a AMT 359 little window Pete. The one you offer was a custom hood. But I would like to know does the hood fit the AMT 359 little window and 1100 series cabs and grills? If so I need a couple. As long as they fit thats all I need. I can add rivet details and other items thats easy. But its the actual hood I need.

Keep up the good work.

Dave

Hello Dave

Thanks for the good words on the engine. Also let me know how yours turns out, not sure I need two KTA's though.

On the hoods, my ext 359 hood is for the rev /ger kits, it is just a bit wide for the old little window cabs. I do know a guy that is going to make a stock type ext. hood for the little window cabs though and as soon as it is done he is sending it to me to cast, just not sure on the time frame yet. I will be casting a little window cab as well ( was going to do it anyway for the 358 tilt hood I cast.

I master the hood/fenders for the Revell kit. Some one else made the grill He was from TENN(I think). I think Eric reworked it using the Bill Sings grill or added a extra grill???? Don't remember how that goes.

who is mastering the little window hood or you having to keep the cat in the bag?

I master the hood/fenders for the Revell kit. Some one else made the grill He was from TENN(I think). I think Eric reworked it using the Bill Sings grill or added a extra grill???? Don't remember how that goes.

who is mastering the little window hood or you having to keep the cat in the bag?

Hey Clayton

I am not sure who made that shuttered grill I was selling with your hood and fenders either, I do have the master part for it though. I got it when I bought all the master parts from Brad Lawson, he may have made the grill. The mold for it went out so I started including the Bill Signs grill with the hood conversion. I am working on some new shuttered grill masters for the 359, 379 and the 358 grills but I am making them so the shuttered center section will be a separate part from the outer grill shell. I figured that way if someone wanted to paint the shutters a diff. color it would be much easier to do.

Robby Gains is working on a stock ext. hood for the RG 359's but I think he has it about finished up, after that one he is going to do the ext. hood for the little window cab and maybe a little window cab with a walk through back panel, if so I will cast it and the standard day cab version.

Hey Everybody

I built up one of the engines today to see how they go together, it all went together pretty good. Still a few parts that I have not installed, AC Compressor and bracket, turbo elbows and the alternator, not going to install those parts until I figure out what I am going do with the engine ( what it is going in )

it was a bit large for the first truck I tried it in,,, :angry:

KTA600ratrod001.jpg

OK that was just a joke, here are the pics of the engine

KTA600ratrod008.jpg

KTA600ratrod009.jpg

KTA600ratrod007.jpg

KTA600ratrod006.jpg

Jim,

It will certainly fit under an extended hood W900. Not sure about the standard hood though. I have seen photo's of KTA 600's fitted in 359 Pete's with 119" BBC. So maybe KW did fit them in the standard hood W900?

As for year I believe the KTA was introduced about 1973 and lasted at a guess till early 1980's?

Dave

Hey Dave

I am pretty sure you are right on the 1973 production date as the first year for the KTA engine, not sure when they stopped putting them in trucks though. I checked out the engine you are doing, very nice. I would be interested in doing them for you I think, just let me know.

Hey Jim

If I have a bit of time I will see if it fits in the W900 kits and a few others, I would think for sure all the ext. hoods will be OK for it, it might be a bit long for some of the standard hoods, maybe. It really is not too much bigger than the other kit engines it just has a lot more detail.

The freightliner ( Powerliner ) was made for this motor and other motors from 450 hp up to 700 hp but no other manufacturers made motors with over 455 hp at that time

The Petes had them in 119" and 127" but I think the 359 119" had a small dog house in the firewall ( Check with Tim A. about that )

Cass