Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Lonestar 1st test shot

Chad,

I built that awful Italeri '53 foot USA trailer' - what a terrible trailer. Way out of scale height wise.

Unrealistic to say the least.

I built the Italeri Schmit dump trailer for MRC's display at iHobby a year ago - a nice trailer but very Euro in style.

Tim

man I really can't wait to put in an order for one or two of these trucks, it is so nice to see NEW models being brought out by companies! and to say that it doesn't really fit well with the trailers is an understatement....those trailers are so old looking that they don't even match in comparison....Tim have you built the italeri trailer kit yet? I'd like to see what it would look like in front of one of those trailers...

Chad

Is there a way to correct the Italeri 53ft USA Trailer?

Yep, if you buy two kits, putty and spend a LOT of time very carefully sanding trying to hide the big ugly seams on the sides and roof! If you want it to be 53' , you'll end up with two big seams on each side and two on the roof. (the trailer is 48' as it comes in the kit) Then all you would need to deal with is a suspension that sits too high and those ugly European wheels with drive hubs!

I was thinking of how one might look in a Jade green like that but then I remembered, HMMMMMMMM, I have Western Distributing decals and color matched paint!!!!

I think the ol' 53 Pete is going to have a modern companion! :lol:

Where'd ya get the color patched paint for Western? I love their color

At this point in time a Harley Davidson special edition doesn't look like it's very likely to happen anytime soon.

We do have some other things planned... stay tuned...

I Need to get this one done first!

Looks like we have all the fixes worked out - hope to see a second test shot before too long...

I have a bunch of sub assemblies ready to photograph... have another one that will be all painted and assembled over the next several days

I need to sit down and write all the instruction sheet copy, and photshop notes onto subassembly photos

I hope it gets done before the end of this week... then our grapics guy can put the instruction sheet together so it looks good.

Believe me, I'm not changing the channel! :lol: Thankfully it sounds like we have a model company who will listen and possibly give us truck modelers kits we have wanted for years and give us more modern subjects to build. :lol:

Where'd ya get the color patched paint for Western? I love their color

I am currently building a replica of Miss Behavin, Western Distributing's custom 53 Peterbilt. I have talked with Dino Guadagni (the owner of Western Distributing) and asked him for the paint code used on his trucks (before the ocean paint scheme, the Pete was the same color as the fleet trucks) He refered me to the paint shop he uses and I was able to obtain the paint code from them. From there I took it to the shop where I work and had it mixed.

When I see the photos of the first shots I'm very impressed about the quality, looks like Italeri! Another point, which idea was it to make this type of truck model ?

Hope we can get this kit also in Germany ! Hi Ben, ;):) nice to meet you here !!!

Klaus

www.truckin24.de

Edited by truckin24

At this point in time a Harley Davidson special edition doesn't look like it's very likely to happen anytime soon.

I Need to get this one done first!

Looks like we have all the fixes worked out - hope to see a second test shot before too long...

I have a bunch of sub assemblies ready to photograph... have another one that will be all painted and assembled over the next several days

I need to sit down and write all the instruction sheet copy, and photshop notes onto subassembly photos

I hope it gets done before the end of this week... then our grapics guy can put the instruction sheet together so it looks good.

Thanks for keeping us abreast of the progress!

When I see the photos of the first shots I'm very impressed about the quality, looks like Italeri! Another point, which idea was it to make this type of truck model ?

Hope we can get this kit also in Germany ! Hi Ben, ;):) nice to meet you here !!!

Klaus

www.truckin24.de

which idea was it to make this type of truck model ?

This is a question we ask of you on how Revell of Germany and Italeri choose there truck model kits?

Hope we can get this kit also in Germany ! Hi Ben, :lol::D nice to meet you here !!!

Klaus

www.truckin24.de

Hello Klaus! Great to see you here! This is a very nice kit indeed!!!! If they don't sell them over there, I'll be glad to purchase them for you here and ship them to you.

Hi Ben,

the world is so small and therefore we meet us always anywhere. It's a friendly offer from your side to purchase a model for me, many thanks !

Please, let me know when it's available on the US. market, immediately I order one kit from you. Perhaps I will rebuild one kit to a tow truck.

Best regards

Klaus I

For us Europeans, who am French, we will order it directly in the USA on a website selling online or on Ebay and get the package sent by U.S. Postal

Otherwise it will take long before the kit is available for purchase in a store here in France !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B):rolleyes: :rolleyes: :unsure:

I am currently building a replica of Miss Behavin, Western Distributing's custom 53 Peterbilt. I have talked with Dino Guadagni (the owner of Western Distributing) and asked him for the paint code used on his trucks (before the ocean paint scheme, the Pete was the same color as the fleet trucks) He refered me to the paint shop he uses and I was able to obtain the paint code from them. From there I took it to the shop where I work and had it mixed.

Sweet

Hi Ben,

the world is so small and therefore we meet us always anywhere. It's a friendly offer from your side to purchase a model for me, many thanks !

Please, let me know when it's available on the US. market, immediately I order one kit from you. Perhaps I will rebuild one kit to a tow truck.

Best regards

Klaus I

Hello Klaus, I am happy to help! That would really be something to see one built as a tow truck!!!!!!

Hello Klaus, I am happy to help! That would really be something to see one built as a tow truck!!!!!!

You mean something like these.

lonestar_11259787331.jpg

dsc_52841271076867.jpg

DSC04092.jpg

DSC04123.jpg

I also found a photobucket link to the bright yellow one that has great detail shots of the equipment inside, if anyone is interested in it, just let me know. Klaus isn't the only one thinking of building one as a wrecker! :lol:

Of course, I was kinda thinking of a custom like this one I found looking for the tow truck pics, too. ;)

SeptTechTips09.jpg

Yes, you can be sure I will build a tow truck model on the Lonestar chassis. I think it looks like a vehicle from another star.

Personal I'm very interest to see the quality of each part of the kit. Why ? Years ago I was a product manager for the development of new truck items at

Revell of Germany and I've a lot of experience in the field of tooling. I was in China, Hongkong, Danmark and south Korea.

Look here: http://www.truckin24.de/03c1989d69109cc08/03c1989d6a13a1c28.html

Klaus

Outstanding!!!!!! This kit has definitely taken model truck kits to a whole new level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much Dave for keeping us updated as to the progress. I think other model companies could sure learn a lot from Moebius!!!! :)

Yes, you can be sure I will build a tow truck model on the Lonestar chassis. I think it looks like a vehicle from another star.

Personal I'm very interest to see the quality of each part of the kit. Why ? Years ago I was a product manager for the development of new truck items at

Revell of Germany and I've a lot of experience in the field of tooling. I was in China, Hongkong, Danmark and south Korea.

Look here: http://www.truckin24.de/03c1989d69109cc08/03c1989d6a13a1c28.html

Klaus

Klaus, the Beall tanker is, in my opinion, one of the two best North American styled trailer models. The other being the original Ertl Great Dane reefer and dry van. I hope you can use your influence at Revell of Germany to continue to offer accurate modern North American truck model kits.