Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 2010 builds

Railfreak78

Let me start off by saying WOW what a year! I always built as a kid just straight from the box and no detail. I was out of the hobby for a long time and thanks to YOU guys here at MCM and the guys in my club, I have learned SO much over this year. I will list in order so you can see my progress. I THANK you all for being so open in how you do things to make all of us novice builders be able to advance in our hobby. I can't wait till next year!

First up a Monogram Bronco loosly based on my 1:1

DSC07981.jpg

DSC07983.jpg

This was a ruined GTX that bought at a thrift store. The roof was smashed and leaned over from heat. My first fix.

DSC07996.jpg

DSC07999.jpg

1970 Super Bee with my first try at engine detailing

DSC07952.jpg

DSC07953.jpg

Revell Chevy Stepside

DSC07970.jpg

DSC07972.jpg

Post Apoc MCM build Sub-Urban

DSC07946.jpg

DSC07942.jpg

Nice looking Z28 Brian Hope to see it done in the new year.

And the others look great too, especially the pool service truck.

Thanks Nick :D I had a blast making the truck and tools. As far as the Camaro goes I was really not paying attention and put the decals on wrong. I can't get them off so I might just leave them and finish it off anyway.

that sub-urban is mean! well done sir!

Thank you Joe. I appreciate it :lol:

love the stepside chevy truck i always loved them growing up.and do they still make them? i need to find one for a project a friend i know built some years back.and the bronco is awsome i miss mine i had a few models of them and a real one but rolled as i was a wild teenager if you know if they make any of them yet?man its people like you and the people on here that inspire me to get stuff done i live to far away to join a club in my area.

love the stepside chevy truck i always loved them growing up.and do they still make them? i need to find one for a project a friend i know built some years back.and the bronco is awsome i miss mine i had a few models of them and a real one but rolled as i was a wild teenager if you know if they make any of them yet?man its people like you and the people on here that inspire me to get stuff done i live to far away to join a club in my area.

I'm glad you liked the trucks and thank you! As far as the step side goes, There have been a couple releases over the years. It's a Revell kit and the 2 I mainly think of is the Hot Rod Magazine release and this one was yellow box art from the "Basic Builders" series. Not a lot of detail but it can always be added. I don't know of any newer releases but it's a pretty common kit as far as Ebay or trades here even.

The Bronco has several releases and this one was red on the box ( Late 80's I think). Revell has the rights to the Monogram kits and I believe it was supposed to be re- relased this year but I have not seen it yet. I plan on buying a few. Keep your eyes peeled for it. Thanks again!

Brian......look`s like you had a GREAT year full of builds.......all of them are very impressive......can`t wait to see next years builds.

Thanks a lot John! I can't wait to kick off 2011 I think I have a cool car made up in my mind to get going on :( Also I presume I get to see you at Desert Scale again? Have a good one bud!

Well, Brian, the hardest part is picking a personal favorite! :lol: I'd love to have any one of 'em on my shelf, but I do say I have a soft spot for the very first one you posted, the early third-gen Bronco. B)

Chuck, Thank you very much. I see a lot of your builds and feel the same way about wanting a few so It means a lot to me. Now if I could only build them as fast as you with the same result :lol::D

That's an excellent set of builds. Wish I was doing that well, but no matter. I'm having fun; both on my own, and with my daughter.

Dave thats awesome your getting the youth involved! That makes my day when I know a kid is getting involved. Also ANY build is fun and I bet yours will be just as rewarding and I can't wait to see them B)