Model Cars Magazine Forum

Help from you computer gurus?

Another thing I do is make folders. If you right click anywhere on your back ground you can create a folder. IN my case I can't stand the icons for the computer itself like Internet Explorer, firewall, etc. I put all of those into one folder that only takes up one spot instead of several.

Another thing you can do is "drag" the icons down into the taskbar into the area (lower left side near the Start button) where you see what looks like two little chevrons/arrows. As you're dragging them into this area, you'll see a blue arrow by the icon------let go of the mouse button and now the icon is put into a neat little list. Click on the chevrons and you'll see the program/icon there.

I do this as I don't like all the icons cluttering up the wallpaper as well. After I have the icons all dragged into the "list" (Quick Start menu it's called) I right click on the wallpaper>click on view>uncheck the box that says "show all desktop icons"> and then SHAZAM!................I've got a nice pretty picture and not all those icons to muck up the joint. B)

Edited by MrObsessive