Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

emodelcars.com challenge.......

No one wants to pay a decent price anywhere. I just got back from a toy and model show in my area where dealers were selling sealed kits for 2.50 just to try and move product. Granted these dealers are the estate buyers and flea market finder types but still with AM model market so bad you got to take what you can get and don't list anything you don't really want to get rid of.

Hi, LMK when you hear about kits for 2.50. I guess that is in your IL area? Steve

don't list anything you don't really want to get rid of.

I dont want to get rid of anything, the only reason I am is to pay bills. I put a fair reserve price on my kits, and none have gone for that yet. Too bad.

Hi, LMK when you hear about kits for 2.50. I guess that is in your IL area? Steve

The Kirkwood toy and model show just a couple months ago had kits going for $2.50. Several of the dealers I talked to that do shows all over the Midwest will drop the price on kits they have for selling for 5 dollars to $3 or less just to sell them. Usually they are kits nobody really wants anyway Nascar, over repopped things everyone already has, etc. But the last show I went to I picked up a few cool things for super cheap.

Edited by ra7c7er

Yes, advertising would help

It's funny though.

Last time I tried to purchase an ad in another magazine, I was told no.

Go figure!

I will try and save my pennies and do a pitch or two to some of the "real" mags, like Hot Rod, Rod & Custom, and the Goodguys Gazette.

Thanks, Steve.

I appreciate your taking the effort to help the site out, despite any flares that may have started at first.

mahalo nui loa

It's funny though.

Go figure!

I will try and save my pennies and do a pitch or two to some of the "real" mags, like Hot Rod, Rod & Custom, and the Goodguys Gazette.

Thanks, Steve.

I appreciate your taking the effort to help the site out, despite any flares that may have started at first.

mahalo nui loa

Gregg,

Send me the link info and a small banner and I will add it to my link list on my website. I sell American made performance and restoration products for cars trucks and bikes. I get a ton of traffic and you know most big car guys build the little ones too. You also need to optimize the site for the search engines. I would be glad to help you out. My site is www.lyonsperformance.com

Oh and I also have a store on emodeler!

Matt

The Kirkwood toy and model show just a couple months ago had kits going for $2.50. Several of the dealers I talked to that do shows all over the Midwest will drop the price on kits they have for selling for 5 dollars to $3 or less just to sell them. Usually they are kits nobody really wants anyway Nascar, over repopped things everyone already has, etc. But the last show I went to I picked up a few cool things for super cheap.

Hi, I was set up a kirkwood. I must have missed the 2.50 kits. I did find other bargains. The next kirkwood show is the 1st sunday in may. Steve

It's funny though.

Go figure!

Thanks, Steve.

mahalo nui loa

Hi Gregg, I'm glad to help. Steve

Hi, I was set up a kirkwood. I must have missed the 2.50 kits. I did find other bargains. The next kirkwood show is the 1st sunday in may. Steve

You had a booth? I must have stopped and talked to you. I stopped at very booth with models granted I did go in the last hour hour and half. I got some good deals there. Two WOO sealed kits for $15 and a Monogram 1981 release BMW 635 CSI for only 10 when on eBay its quadruple that. I did pick up three snap kits for 2.50 and a Nascar kit for the same can't remember the vendor though. One of the guys with hundreds of models. Honestly I hate the estate dealers. they don't build yet they get to over price our hobby.

You had a booth? I must have stopped and talked to you. I stopped at very booth with models granted I did go in the last hour hour and half. I got some good deals there. Two WOO sealed kits for $15 and a Monogram 1981 release BMW 635 CSI for only 10 when on eBay its quadruple that. I did pick up three snap kits for 2.50 and a Nascar kit for the same can't remember the vendor though. One of the guys with hundreds of models. Honestly I hate the estate dealers. they don't build yet they get to over price our hobby.

Hi, I was setup in the corner. I had all the bagged up builder cars and parts in the tubs on the floor. Steve