Model Cars Magazine Forum

emodelcars.com challenge.......

As soon as I get my paypal account working correctly, paypal freaked out when my bank merged, I will be on there. I have enough trouble trying to get people complete trades I don't really want to be waiting for money orders. I have about 15 kits I would like to sell or trade off not to mention about 17 parts cars worth of parts I would like to see gone.

So, my question is, just where is your listing you mentioned in a trade post last night? :P:blink::huh:

HI, Getting tired of ebay fees. I just listed a johan 59 fury parts/resto car. Will be listing a lot of kits/builder cars and misc parts there soon. I will look at trades for the items too. Thanks,Steve

I just looked through every listing and didn't see it anywhere. :unsure:

EDIT:I did find one thing there of yours, something you want!

Edited by highway

Nothing wrong whatsoever with helping Gregg out, but such a challenge to others isn't the way to go about it.

I never sell anything I have. I have in the past, gladly given parts away to those who need them, directly through this forum, & will do so in the future as well.

I check emodelcars out frequently, & for me, there's little there I can't get at my local hobby shop, or for the same low, (or lower), price at a swapmeet, without paying shipping or having to wait for the parcel to be delivered. Nothing wrong with the site, but too many common kits offered to be of much interest to me. I do plan to get some of Wheelman's parts, but if all everyone that takes the challenge offers up are more common kits, then for many of us that won't increase interest or traffic. There's the main crux of the problem; even if everyone put up something on the site, if there are no buyers, then it does no good. :unsure:

:P

I don't think a org. issue johan 58 fury is common.

What is your point?

My point is you are challenging the rest of us to list something, and you claimed you listed something with your post I quoted earlier, but the only listing I find for you is a want add, and not even under a name anyone who follows this forum would know you by. The only way I know it's yours is I'm smart enough to put two and two together from a wanted request you listed here for the same thing!

I just find it funny you want to help the site, but you didn't even list what you claimed you were listing.

I was planning on listing more items this weekend. Sorry it wasn't soon enough for you. I really can't understand why you are so angry. This is a hobby, not anything to get angry about. Wouldn't you agree?

I'm not angry at all, just stating a fact, and your post did say you "listed" the Fury, correct? B):blink:B)

FYI...in the past I have listed several kits, magazines and photos for a month or more and I have never had a sale. In several cases I put the same items on Ebay and sold them in a week. The site needs a huge increase in traffic to work.

The last item I sold (a set of Ed Roth photos) using Paypal cost me %15 for what Paypal told me was 'a non-Ebay purchase', far too high a cost.

FYI...in the past I have listed several kits, magazines and photos for a month or more and I have never had a sale. In several cases I put the same items on Ebay and sold them in a week. The site needs a huge increase in traffic to work.

The last item I sold (a set of Ed Roth photos) using Paypal cost me %15 for what Paypal told me was 'a non-Ebay purchase', far too high a cost.

I agree but the only way to get more traffic is to advertise the site. e-sales sites are not promoted very well by search engines because ebay keeps them buried. The best way for people to find emodelcars is for modelers to pass the word around at clubs and other forum sites.

---

Just since route66modeler posted his challenge The number of listings has jumped up 50 listings and over 30 people have joined. So like it or not it worked at least in the short term. Every modeler has kits they know they will probably never build I only have 29 kits and I already know I have kits that will be sitting around a long time. I don't even know what you guys with hundreds of kits do.

Same thing happens on ebay if you list it too cheap you risk it selling cheap. Steve

So, what price do you suggest starting my auctions at? I started em at 5 bucks, and that's what they sold for. I'd rather keep em.

I just bought a Monza off of the site! ONLY 10 bucks! GREAT deal! There's alot of good stuff on there, just depends on what your looking for, that's all. i go there ALOT. You can catch some good deals there.:lol: :lol: :D:lol:

That's the problem, no one wants to pay a decent price, just cheap.

I agree but the only way to get more traffic is to advertise the site. e-sales sites are not promoted very well by search engines because ebay keeps them buried. The best way for people to find emodelcars is for modelers to pass the word around at clubs and other forum sites.

---

Just since route66modeler posted his challenge The number of listings has jumped up 50 listings and over 30 people have joined. So like it or not it worked at least in the short term. Every modeler has kits they know they will probably never build I only have 29 kits and I already know I have kits that will be sitting around a long time. I don't even know what you guys with hundreds of kits do.

WOW! Thats is great. Glad to see more members using the site. Steve

Look at it as a fixed price auction on ebay, set a "price" you can live with. As for shipping, charge the actual shipping cost. Box the kits up and tell the buyer the shipping cost before they pay. Just like you would do if you were selling at a local model car swapmeet. Steve

No one wants to pay a decent price anywhere. I just got back from a toy and model show in my area where dealers were selling sealed kits for 2.50 just to try and move product. Granted these dealers are the estate buyers and flea market finder types but still with AM model market so bad you got to take what you can get and don't list anything you don't really want to get rid of.