Model Cars Magazine Forum

four horses of the apocalypse builds

evilone

Well... the war horse has begun to take shape.

Basics, the Rommel's Rod tracks (still have to figure out the frame and bogeys for the tracks), Ford C-600 front and rear axles (both solid mounted to the scratchbuilt frame), Revell Peterbilt 359 front wheels and tires with the chrome stripped and resprayed in 'Chrome Silver', and an AMT Peterbilt tranny attached to an ALLISON V12.

WAR000-vi.jpg

Obviously in its early stages, still have to add some more details and of course some weathering, but the ball is rolling now!

real quick mockup to check for any wheelbase and/or any other fit problems

april011002.jpg

april011004.jpg

april011003.jpg

no pics of the olds yet as that has its own kit chassis to start with. Colors have been chose for all four with artwork decided on for two so far

Got a bit achieved on the first (and easiest ) this one will be Famine

april011037.jpg

april011039.jpg

april011040.jpg

each car will be the color of the horse ie red for war, black for famine ,have a pic of the horseman and its name on it.

Apart from a couple hours tomorrow morning, I'm busy for the next 10 or so days and as the weather has already turned to custard (ie wet, winters starting ), paint might be a little while off. But I started on the mustang ( war) tonight :D

well I hope I havent buggered it up B)though the test chassis seemed to fit alright, when I test fit its own the wheelbase seemed to be a bit off (about 4mm too long so I wopped the front of the car off and added some styrene 4x2 mm

april011042.jpg

april011043.jpg

why 4x2? well the width worked out pretty good and the thickness keeps me pretty close to the right shape with minimal filler

april011045.jpg

april011046.jpg

april011047.jpg

slung some putty at it before I came in. The frontal droop looks a lot worse on screen than in person which could be a a bad thing as its the only way you guys will see it :lol:

slung some putty at it before I came in. The frontal droop looks a lot worse on screen than in person which could be a a bad thing as its the only way you guys will see it B)

I'm having a lil' Deja vu

When I did the master for my P/S P/M rsein body,

I "think" I used 2 bodies & cut the front valance @ the bumper & flipped it upside down

Have a new version in the works ... GT500 Shelby

w/ a few options for hoods

Yours is looking good !

Build ON !

Don

Edited by Reliable Resin

I can see them, and they are looking real GOOD! I like the paintjobs, colors are great and I like those decals on them. Really great job so far, can't wait to see the finished products. :(

G'day Brett, great to see you're still stooting out these Doorslammers. ;)

Paint jobs look really smooth and the decals suit each build well. Their gonna look great all lined up once finished, have you thought of using a spooky backdrop for the completed pics?

• 1 month later...