Model Cars Magazine Forum

help for a friend

hey guys ed shaver wanted to let you guys know that hes having bad times.

O k , First , the wife has a serious heart ailment and im at the second hospital trying to find out whats going on. Meanwhile , Im dealing with her "ELEITEST " supervisors that have said SHE Has to call in EVERY DAY . Hey, shes barely concence half the damm time . Meanwhile somehow I caught MERSA. Lemmie tell ya , it came on like a damm freight train on me . I'm haveing to call a neoghbor just to help me into the bathroom .

I know some of ya''ll do beleive in the great creator . Drop a line in BIG GUY , tell him my son is really in withdrawals over not having Mom to help. Hopefully, after I'm outthe hospital next week I van send parts , money etc..

Also, can somebodydo a cut an paste of this post at M C M , it's acting wonky again .

Ed Shaver

let me attempt a translation:

ed shaver is having a hard time as his wife is in the hospital, evidently the second hospital now since presumably the first couldnt do anything(?) with a heart condition and in the meantime her elitist (i guess that means they can spell the word "elitist") bosses at her company want her to call in every day because its implied they think she is malingering. meanwhile ed seems to have come down with some kinda condition himself in which he cant even get out of bed. and he wants some prayers for his wife and himself.

that wasnt too hard now was it.

if it is indeed correct.

let me attempt a translation:

ed shaver is having a hard time as his wife is in the hospital, evidently the second hospital now since presumably the first couldnt do anything(?) with a heart condition and in the meantime her elitist (i guess that means they can spell the word "elitist") bosses at her company want her to call in every day because its implied they think she is malingering. meanwhile ed seems to have come down with some kinda condition himself in which he cant even get out of bed. and he wants some prayers for his wife and himself.

that wasnt too hard now was it.

if it is indeed correct.

That is about what I got out of it..

My Hopes an Prayers will be with them and You too (lonewolf)

Hope ye,all get Well.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys JUST got off the phone with Ed. He's on a nurseing home right now, because he needs to be on IV antibiotics for the next 6/7 weeks, and mecicaid won't pay for him to have HOME CARE, BUT they WILL pay if he enters a nurseing home. So, That's what he did. Since being in a nurseing home DOES have it's limitations, No internet access an so forth, he has asked me to explain his situation to you all. He is feeling VERY depressed as to not being able to comply with variuos trades or deals that he made before he took ill. If Ian Ashton is reading this, Ed appologizes to you because he hasn't been able to return you your resin masters. I TOLD him we aren't ogre's and that we would all understand how being "Laid Up" in a nurseing home CAN put a REAL cramp in your style, but I didn't believe we would hold it against him. So, gus, just to keep ya updated on Brother Ed's condition, if ANYONE wants the inside skinny on wats happnin with Ed, just drop me a PM. Suffice to say he IS getting better, he DOES miss us(LOL) and hopefully he'll be back among us soon!:blink::D;)

Thanks for the update George, hopefully enough phone calls and prayers would be enough to lift his spirits.

Can you get us an address for the Nursing Home so we could send him some pictures or cards? I doubt he has alot of interesting stuff to read there! Maybe we could send him some magazines (car related ONLY! B) ) as a means to lift him up.

Thanks again.

Guys JUST got off the phone with Ed. He's on a nurseing home right now, because he needs to be on IV antibiotics for the next 6/7 weeks, and mecicaid won't pay for him to have HOME CARE, BUT they WILL pay if he enters a nurseing home. So, That's what he did. Since being in a nurseing home DOES have it's limitations, No internet access an so forth, he has asked me to explain his situation to you all. He is feeling VERY depressed as to not being able to comply with variuos trades or deals that he made before he took ill. If Ian Ashton is reading this, Ed appologizes to you because he hasn't been able to return you your resin masters. I TOLD him we aren't ogre's and that we would all understand how being "Laid Up" in a nurseing home CAN put a REAL cramp in your style, but I didn't believe we would hold it against him. So, gus, just to keep ya updated on Brother Ed's condition, if ANYONE wants the inside skinny on wats happnin with Ed, just drop me a PM. Suffice to say he IS getting better, he DOES miss us(LOL) and hopefully he'll be back among us soon!:DB):lol:

PM sent hermano!