Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does Detroit Autorama still have a model car contest?

ian ashton

Ian, The DMCC AND the DAAM BOTH support this show at the Auto-Rama, NOT the Auto SHOW, TWO different shows. I worked the show last year, and probably again THIS year. If you come to Feb. meeting, talk to Rick, caz he's the guy who sets up the schedule. But ALL you gotta do is ask, and you can work it too! It's a BLAST AND you get in FREE!!!!!:D:);)

Ian, The DMCC AND the DAAM BOTH support this show at the Auto-Rama, NOT the Auto SHOW, TWO different shows. I worked the show last year, and probably again THIS year. If you come to Feb. meeting, talk to Rick, caz he's the guy who sets up the schedule. But ALL you gotta do is ask, and you can work it too! It's a BLAST AND you get in FREE!!!!!:D:);)

I totally forgot about the December meeting (was it on Christmas eve?) and January has been a nuts work month. When is feb?

George, I was talking about the Toy Show at the Autorama. Ian's Dad Bob was the person who handled it for years, I just wondered if he still did. The last time I saw Bob was at the Autorama in 2004. Bob had a great Automobilia store in Utica for many years too, he's a great guy and a car guy to the bone!

No problem George. You have no idea how much I envy you being able to go every year. I hit every Detroit Autorama from '94 thru '04, usually Saturday and Sunday. Rick and the guys at the model contest would always let me and my 2 buddies behind the ropes to check out the models. I miss it big time!

I sure miss the Autorama! Ian, does your Dad still put on the toy show there?

Nope, it's been about 10 years or so since he ran the toy show. We ran the basement for a few years, then they let him go all together. Now he owns/runs this show (with partners, of course): www.MCACN.com

Edited by ian ashton

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, it's been about 10 years or so since he ran the toy show. We ran the basement for a few years, then they let him go all together. Now he owns/runs this show (with partners, of course): www.MCACN.com

Your Dad also runs the model car contest at the Mopar Nationals every year also, doesn't he?