Model Cars Magazine Forum

Panoz Esperante GT1 '97 (Short nose)

Brendan

This is an old Scale Productions kit of one of my favorite modern GT1 cars. If I could find a long nose version of this car, I would do the Visteon version. I used to watch this car race at Laguna Seca. The car had two nicknames...The Batmobile and Rolling Thunder since the car would shake the ground as it went by. Paints used were Tamiya's TS-29 and TS-26 for the body and TS-49 for the wing end plates(airbrushed). For the rims I used Alclad Polished Aluminum with TS-38 for the wheel nuts and a Future Clear coat. To touch up the decals, I used TS-30, TS-44, TS-35 and TS-49. The decals were very old and very brittle. Added interior boxes and wiring. Also added an air inlet restrictor as well as an antenna. Everything else was from the kit. Very nice kit overall, though some window fit issues. Feel free to comment.

002-7.jpg

003-6.jpg

004-6.jpg

005-4.jpg

006-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

I really like this one! It looks like ready to race. Paintjob is cool and those decals are very nicely in place. Nice finishing on the body too. This is great car, I mean that this kind of race cars are interesting to watch. Even tough I'm not a super fan of these but this one is perfect. :rolleyes: