Model Cars Magazine Forum

Airbrushing Basics With Doctor Cranky

Hey Doctor Cranky,

Thanks for your tutorials, been working with my airbrush (same one you have, what a stroke of luck!!) and just practicing and practicing and practicing some more. For those who are really having trouble grasping airbrushing, well, the good Doctor is here to cure what ails ya!! Practice, you will get better, don't give up, because the end results are worth it. Shoot spoons and paper, (cheapest way to get started) you will get the hang of it. Thanks Cranky for taking the time to film and post, know it is a lot of work on your end, and a lot of us are very appreciative!!

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Thank You. i have only watched the intro but I look forward to seeing the rest.

I have a old Binks the cup is a bit rough chrome separating.

I wish that i had some,plastic bag cup liners like the big boys it would save some cleaning...any one??

• 7 months later...

Virgil Your videos are just what the guys that are starting to use an airbrush need to help them. I use Paasche Airbrushes myself, as they are what I have used for over 50 years, ever since I got my forst one as an eigth birthday present. My Grandfather taught me how to paint models and military figures, starting when I was about seven years old. I presently own 3 Paasche H models, 2 VLs, 1 Talon Gravity feed, 1 Talon Siphone feed, I use all of them in my painting.

CHEERS!

Tom

I was looking through your airbrush videos and in the one titled "AIRBRUSHING BASICS: SET UP & PRACTICE" you make mention of a formula that is acrylic artist ink, something, and distilled water. What is the second ingredient?

Thanks in advance.