Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sprayed my F430 today and a Thanks to Ismael

crispy

Got some paint on my RoG Ferrari F430 "Miami Vice Movie Car" today. Hoping to be able to get it cleared tonight.

Cobra Colors Grigio Silverstone Metallic.

I spent extra time on prep and prime. The results were unbelievable to me. I used a fraction of the paint I normally use.

Badger 175 w/medium tip was used for spraying.

Anyway, should have this done by next month this time.

2f430-vi.jpg

With flash on the camera:

6f430-vi.jpg

Lots of metallic in this paint. So much so that I plan on skipping the light wet-sanding before clear. So far it appears that I have no orange peel. Tough color to spray I might add.

Thanks Ismael for your post about your Porsche paint job. I took the extra time to prep and prime and prep and imagine my surprise when I used just a fraction of the paint! So thanks for the post and teaching me the importance of prep work before paint.

Chris

orange peel in paint is when the paint is not completley level, or has a textured finish to it, basically its not smooth looking to the eye. almost every factory car paintjob has orange peel cause they never wetsand cars at the factory. they call it orange peel cause it looks almost identical to the texture on the peel of an orange. hope this helps if not i can scan some of my text from my wyotech manuals.

Brandon

Guest zebm1

I intentionally put sum "orange peel" on my 55 chubby late model stockcar's trunk lid....since I waz trying to replicate a backyard built racecar, painted by amateurs.

:twisted: Zeb