Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shell Short Hauler

This is a project I worked a while back as a tribute to my dad. One photo shows him loading for a trip which is what the model (along with memories) was based on with a little help from a friends resin fenders and grill.

My dad worked for this company for 43 years before retiring and hanging up the gloves.

Edited by Travis

That is great, Beautiful paint work too, Was this resin or? do you have some in progress shots, I bet other guys, myself included would be interested in seeing how it came together.

Nick

http://www.briansmodelcars.com/forums/thread/493258/page/1

The build can be veiwed at the link above.

Edited by Travis

Well done, Travis. I like Ford trucks since 50's to nowadays and you made a good replica.

I dream to built 1980's Ford F800, but resin hood I wanted to buy and use is out of stock now: http://sourkrautsmodeltrucks.com/?page_id=3&category=2&product_id=4

By the way, does anybody know where can I source one?

Keep posting your trucks, Travis! :)

Edited by Sergey

I thought he was molding the cab and fenders all in one piece? I need to get with him. I really would like to get one too!

No the resin cosist of fenders, grill and bumper. An AMT mid 70s F-100 will be needed to source the cab which incidentally I picked up at am auction site. The buy was of the junkyard variety which was quite a bit cheaper than a sealed kit.

No the resin cosist of fenders, grill and bumper. An AMT mid 70s F-100 will be needed to source the cab which incidentally I picked up at am auction site. The buy was of the junkyard variety which was quite a bit cheaper than a sealed kit.

Hmm, I guess he changed his mind. I gave him step by step instructions on how to cast the cab and fenders all in one piece. I thought he had said it came out great?

Ok, I'm out of the loop here... First, Very nice old Ford, great build, a wonderful tribute to your Father. I've always had a soft spot for the old fat fendered F-series. My Chevy loving friends will tell me that that soft spot is between my ears but, ohh well... :D:D

My question is this and please excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject; Who is Evan and how does one go about contacting him to place an order for these fenders, grille and bumper? I want a set! Does he have a website? address? Telescope for spotting smokesignals? :blink:;) Sorry, meds talking there...

"Evan" is Evan Hermel. He writes the Truckstop column in Scale Auto Magazine. He cast this stuff about two years ago if I remember correctly? I have misplaced my contact info for him. If you have an SAE magazine, his contact info might be in there in his column?