Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Ford 5 window

Ryan S.

Hey, thanks you guys, it means a lot!

About the wheels. I was originally going to build this as a replica of a a 32 I saw at a car show and fell in love with. But as I started putting things together, and looking and the other paint choices etc, things kind of changed direction and I put my own spin on it. The car I used as inspiration had wheels like these on it, albeit with more rubber. I really like and wanted to use the "hella's" and figured I would keep the rubber band tires on it and hope for the best. Like some of you, I too am pleasantly please with how good they look and blend into the car and the paint job. A happy accident I suppose. :(

I'm hoping to button up the interior today, so keep an eye out. Thanks again all!

"A happy accident I suppose" nothing wrong with that. ;)So what's in store for the exhaust?

That's a good question! I was going to run the exhaust outside the frame, but the more I look at it mocked up I feel like that would be too busy and distracting. So, I've got a couple of ideas I'm going to play around with and see what I like.

Hello once again everybody and thanks again for all of the nice comments thus far. Not a whole lot to show here but the interior is done as is the engine and following are a few photos of both. i realize looking at the pictures that I need to cut the thread in the interior where the door would open...oops.

When the weather gets nice again, I've got to clear the body and grill shell and then polish and add the "glass". In addition, I've got an idea for the exhaust but I have to see if I can pull it off. After that we're looking at final assembly, some beauty pictures for the under glass section and then it will join it's new family on the shelf. I'm crossing my fingers for sunshine! Thanks for looking!

DSCN3783.jpg

DSCN3782.jpg

DSCN3780.jpg

DSCN3777.jpg

DSCN3776.jpg

• 1 month later...

WOW, been a little while on this one, but I've finally got a little update. The rolling chassis is pretty much done, except for the final exhaust pipes. Trying to decide whether or not to put any mufflers on it or not.

I redid the shocks and put them on, made a new drive shaft from aluminum tubing.

Polished aluminum tube used for the front and rear frame bars, looks way better than the kit chrome pieces.

The body is finally cleared, but not polished yet. I had a little problem with some clear that I didn't realize was lacquer and it crazed the blue paint a little. Luckily I didn't have to strip the whole thing down. I was able to save it with some careful wet sanding and then a few more color coats. The only problem is that the paint is a little too thick now, oh well. Lesson learned!

We're in the home stretch now,I've got a list of little things that need to be done. I should have this one buttoned up by next week, barring any set-backs. If I can get it done, I might enter it into the Gearz/ Revell contest. As always, thanks for looking!

DSCN3910.jpg

DSCN3913.jpg

DSCN3912.jpg

DSCN3911.jpg

DSCN3914.jpg