Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg model (one of my next projects!)

I was wondering if anyone has built this model before? I havn't recieved it, I won it off of Ebay. It looks like it has alot of detail and am wondering if detail can be added. I've only built Revell and its time to try something else! I love the actual truck and want to add ignition wire, plug wires, brake lines, ect. Basically are Detail Master parts easy to fit on the the motor parts? If you know of any links to the specs on this truck or just a diagram for the firing order that would be a big help! Also let me think of what you thought of the model as you built it and if its worth taking my sweet time on! Thanks everybody!

lindbergmodel.jpg

dude; i never saw that one before! i know lindberg is not known for being too precise with engine detail, but i'd have to see how it went together before making a judgment on this kit. it looks really tough on the cover; let's hope it looks just as tough finished up. tear into it!

Its a decent kit, AMT, Revell, and Lindberg produced that generation F-150 kits. only the Lindberg kit is a 4X4. which is the one you got, I havent built one but i've seen them built, and I havent heard anything wrong with them, only issue i've heard is that there is no window seal detail above the doors, thats the only problem I know of

I haven't seen this kit either, but if you'd like I have a engine from the

F-150 Lighting kit im willing to part with.

I appreciate the offer and right now I enjoy the challenge of a "do it myself" if I get frustrated enough with I'll let you know, but for now I think I'm gonna do the old "pop the hood" method and try to replicate it that way. I still haven't recieved the model yet so I wanted to know what to expect and there was a good point, in todays vehicles theres not much for detail, so I may just do the brake, fuel and battery cable lines and see how that goes. I'll look into billett parts since it seems possible at its scale as well. Thanks for all the info everybody.

I just got one of these on the bay too...I cracked it open and it looks to be up to Lindbergs very good quality standards..I am a big fan of a lot of their models..Any missing detail should easily be overcome..

Anyway...I see another off road race truck in my stash..lol