Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

chevy xtreme( UPDATED)

RobH

got this kit on a trade! im thinking about slamming it down to the ground! this is the first custom truck for me ! need to do some research on how to chop the frame and what not.. if anyone has any info please post up!

mockup.jpg

heres my idea!

2.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by RobH

Cool, being a s-series lover I'm watching B) I know alot about these trucks, so if you have any questions let me know. As for the frame do a simple c notch with bags and a 4 link, it'll be real easy and look nice. Make sure if you are using the body kit fit it before you lay frame or it might not be sitting on the wheels lol.

Too bad amt kitted the concept extreme then the actual production truck, even though it came a little later.

Edited by Jared Roach

Cool, being a s-series lover I'm watching B) I know alot about these trucks, so if you have any questions let me know. As for the frame do a simple c notch with bags and a 4 link, it'll be real easy and look nice. Make sure if you are using the body kit fit it before you lay frame or it might not be sitting on the wheels lol.

Too bad amt kitted the concept extreme then the actual production truck, even though it came a little later.

yeah im digging the truck scene , ok so c notch the rear what about the front?

Race Motor Replicas offers two resin bodies for this kit. a closed cab with chopped top,'seamless' body(bed molded to the cab) tubbed bed, molded in ground effects,cowl induction hood,and a smooth bed cover along with a frame with a narrowed rear end; and a roadster body with a differant style of ground effects,along with all the same stuff available with the 'closed cab' body.

I have no idea what tooltas said.

Drop it just like you would on the street. 1" shorter coils and 2" raised spindles on the front. Mount the rear axle above the leaf springs with lowering blocks, between the axle and springs, to get the right ride height, and use Hijacker air shocks to level it out, when you want to carry something.

Edited by wisdonm