Model Cars Magazine Forum

early S W C willys

brett

Thanks guys, its been a long time coming but I finally got my decals to finish it so got them on and lightly cleared. Will give them a heavier clear coat today then final assembly by the weekend all going well.

june011114.jpg

june011106.jpg

Brett: Really nice. Gotta build this car myself one day!

I have a question. Is this the new Revell kit? There appears to be a kit design flaw in the engine height? In the real car, the Hilborn scoop sits quite a bit more up out of the hood. On the model I see it's way too low. Is that just how the engine sits in the chassis? If so this is a good thing to know because now I know in advance that the engine could be mounted a bit higher to get that scoop up out of the hood more...

Or maybe the Olds engine is higher than the hemi...

StoneWoodsCook-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by Terry Sumner

Geez...what's NOT to like??? Arguably....along with 32 Fords and 66 Chevelles, 41 Willys got to be the best looking cars ever made. Well...at least in THIS old guy's opinion anyways... :angry:

Agree 100% with the '66 Chevelle, pretty much with the '41 Willys. Your SW&C Willy's is looking good Brett!

Thanks guys, Terry , yes its the new revell kit, black car on box and yes the engine does look a little low compared to my black car, dont know why. Maybe I havent got the body sitting on properly

swcblkwillys1.jpg

so possibly it is a c ck up or maybe the olds engine does sit a little higher.

Edited by brett

Oooh... I like this one too! Also the Revell kit? And are those the kit decals in each one? I have a few of the first issues with the red and black street rod on the boxart and one mazmanian issue, but none of the SWC issues.

Edited by Terry Sumner

Thanks Dave, Terry both builds were/are from this issue

swcbox.jpg

which comes with the decals to do both the Black and Dark Blue versions . The light blue one above uses Slixx decals which have a couple of different versions on it as well for the earlier cars. Heres a link to my my Black build

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v392/awesome55/gassers/

Looks good. I like the color on it, and paintjob looks very good too. This kit is really great, worth buying and building. I've also built one, many years past. This model looks very good, but maybe some engine detailing would make this one to look better? Nice build anyway, here is a picture of my Willys, not too great build, but anyway. (Click the picture to get it bigger).

th_P9100436.jpg

th_P9100438.jpg

Thanks guys :D, Niko I detailed the black one (2nd page of link) which is displayed with hood off. This one has the hood on so I simply didnt bother :D. Yes it is a great kit and fully recommend anyone who likes willys and/or gassers get at least one and build it, you wont regret it