Model Cars Magazine Forum

early S W C willys

brett

Please dont get all anal over this (its going on my shelf right lol), its not going to be all that close to correct or detailed but should be close enough to look like what it should, confused? lol. Just a stressfree (yeah right) build while taking a small break from the Belair. HoK candy blue (couple of drops mixed with clear) over a silver base. Using the kit hemi not the correct olds cause once the hood is on all you see is the header tips and half the scoop.

SWCEARLYWillys1.jpg

SWCEARLYWillys1-1.jpg

SWCEARLYWillys4.jpg

SWCEARLYWillys5.jpg

SWCEARLYWillys7.jpg

SWCEARLYWillys8.jpg

SWCEARLYWillys110.jpg

Geez...what's NOT to like??? Arguably....along with 32 Fords and 66 Chevelles, 41 Willys got to be the best looking cars ever made. Well...at least in THIS old guy's opinion anyways... B)

Old Guys forever!,The Willys looks good here,& I agree Terry, '66 Chevelles look great,(I'm baised, owned 1). :blink:

The only trouble with old guys is they're so darn opinionated! :lol:

.. just my opinion

BTW Mike...I see you're from the Berkshires area of Mass? Although I was born in St. Albans, Vt...your area is half of where I'm from...my father is from North Adams as was my grandfather. We lived in Cheshire around 58 - 62. Moved away for some years and returned to Adams in the fall of 1967. I played football for the Adams High Hurricanes when we ended up moving back to Conn.

Old Guys forever!,The Willys looks good here,& I agree Terry, '66 Chevelles look great,(I'm baised, owned 1). ;)

Me too! Well..actually I owned 3 in all...2 Super Sports and one plain jane work car. Miss those cars all the time and still kick myself in the butt for selling them. But who knew back then? :lol:

PS...sorry Brett..didn't mean to hijack your thread. My apologies.

Edited by Terry Sumner

No sweat Terry ;) Kinda stalled on this whilst I wait for a lead on some decals, I know slixx have them but with the exchange rate and postage they work out around $20 a set to get them here so if I gotta go that way,I'll save up for a couple of weeks and get their buy three get one free deal.

Did a little detail painting on some underside stuff last night then put it away to start on the next victim, a 69 Chevelle.

That is some nice work Brett. Good paint.

grumpy gus

Thanks Grumpy (kinda feels like I'm talking to myself here) lol

Paint was a real bear to get close as its a true candy so showed up any and all overlays more coats meant it was to dark this was actually about the third attempt. 1st one was real close but had a couple of real bad dark stripes behind the front guards on the doors and the 2nd was just too dark full stop. 3rd still had the stripe behind the doors problem but not as bad so carefully tried to wetsand it out, came up pretty good.I think once the decals go on it shouldn't be to noticeable.

Yeah mate,a long way from me. I live about 1oo miles south of Auckland in the North island .Christchurch is quite a ways from me (down in the south island), dont know if we have any modelers on here from there

(and not that I'm particularly religious ) pray/wish the best for everybody down there. Not sure how much you guys would have heard so any ? just ask and I'll do my best to fill you in

Yeah mate,a long way from me. I live about 1oo miles south of Auckland in the North island .Christchurch is quite a ways from me (down in the south island), dont know if we have any modelers on here from there

(and not that I'm particularly religious ) pray/wish the best for everybody down there. Not sure how much you guys would have heard so any ? just ask and I'll do my best to fill you in

Well...good to know everythings ok at your end...Doesn't look so good for those poor folks in the thick of it though... B)

BTW Mike...I see you're from the Berkshires area of Mass? Although I was born in St. Albans, Vt...your area is half of where I'm from...my father is from North Adams as was my grandfather. We lived in Cheshire around 58 - 62. Moved away for some years and returned to Adams in the fall of 1967. I played football for the Adams High Hurricanes when we ended up moving back to Conn.

Oh cool, Terry. I moved here in '73 after college and stayed. But, I grew up in East Hartford! B) Came here mostly cause I refused to drive to work everyday in Hartford traffic. Here, it still takes only 10 minutes to work. B) Have lived in Lanesboro off Rt 8 most of the time ... 1 mile from Cheshire.

Hey Brett,

Glad you okay, the Willy's looks great, I agree with the gang, that is one of the coolest rides from that time hands down, who knew back then what an important car it would be today? Yours looks great, can't wait to see more, thanks for posting.

Mike

Edited by bigmikevee