Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 54 Chevy Rear Window?

The rear window is too small/ narrow for the frame. Anyone know how to correct this problem without making a mess? Also, is there anyway to remove glue from the window once it is on there? I have tons of spare parts, but not much glass to work with.

I appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks,

RD

Window stretcher................. :lol::lol::lol:

Question is.................are you finding out now after the car is 95% done and are now striking your skull upon the work surface? In this case, I'd think about trying the rear glass from the Revell 53 BelAir.

Or are you finding out early while test fitting? In this case I'd add a split to the window, cut the glass in half and you're good to go. And who's to complain, it's "custom"!

Get some clear acetate at your LHS and make a window. Makes for better looking windows anyway!

I second that. It's so much easier than trying to force fit something more rigid. Stick some masking inside, trace where you'd like the window to fit then use that as a template to cut your clear acetate.

The glass is too narrow for the opening. I am about 70% finished, already painted, decalled, and clear coated the body. Is acetate bendable and maleable? Nearest hoby shop is 35 miles away. Can you order this stuff on line anywhere?

The glass is too narrow for the opening. I am about 70% finished, already painted, decalled, and clear coated the body. Is acetate bendable and maleable? Nearest hoby shop is 35 miles away. Can you order this stuff on line anywhere?

You should be able to find it at a office supply store or art supply store.