Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stinkin' Stepside Chevy...

• 1 year later...

It looks like you studied this one a while to get all the rust and paint chips in all the right places. Awesome job! All the weathering is perfect and the photos too. I love the leaves and the tiny walnuts or what ever that is in the bed. The radio wires can't go without mentioning. Forget about the real ones!!!....You'll never have this much fun at this price. Love it!!!

This is without a doubt, the most realistic "rust and age" weathering that I have ever seen! Most guys go 'way overboard with the rust and while that looks cool, your truck is rusted where these trucks really do rust and it looks totally believable. Between the rust and the dents and aging, the pictures could almost pass for real and in fact, at first glance, I did think that it was a real truck. I've been around these vehicles for much of my life and I have seen rust and yours is pretty much bang on as far as bad rust out areas on these trucks go. As with any vehicle, they have their weakness's. The color of the truck looks like an actual factory color and it is actually my favorite color on the mid sixties Chev and GMC trucks. Add to that the other awesome attention to detail and the clear show of talent and imagination and this just has to be a show winner!!! A VERY interesting post and one that I will be coming back to look at over and over. Thank you for sharing. :D