Model Cars Magazine Forum

Root Beer Float

crazyjim

Just completed another one (I've been on a roll). This is my '54 Ford Effie in HOK root beer. I made a rear pan for the taillights, rolled the front pan and put in some driving lights. The headlight buckets are my castings and the grille is from some Dodge. Shaved the door handles and drip rails and made the bed floor from poplar.

100_3097.jpg

100_3112.jpg

100_3113.jpg

100_3114.jpg

100_3115.jpg

Gotta bad habit of hangin round here Jim. It's like a second home! But you know, ya gotta have headlights, so anyway you can get them rascals in there is whatcha gotta do. It CERTAINLY doesn't take ANYTHING away from your build, it's just a personal preference of mine. :lol::unsure::lol:

Thank you for the kind words, fellas.

Years ago, maybe 20, I got my hands on a '54 F100. I worked 10 hour days so I could go out to a friends body shop in Maple Park, IL every Monday to work on the truck. had a fresh frame built by Gibbons that had a Cordoba torsion bar suspension up front and the Cordoba rear with leaf springs. I was building up a supply of stainless fittings and one piece door glass. The drip rails and door handles were gone & filled. All the holes in the firewall and dashboard were filled. Fenders, doors, hood, and box were in prime and ready for paint. The interior was going to have a console that started just under the dash, go between the seats, up the back wall with a third brake light, and then continue on the inside of the roof. And then my wife decided she loved her boss more than me and was gone. Goodbye Effie.