Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jaguar XKE Pro Mod

John , I really wouldn't sweat it .When I was crewing on my brothers top doorslammer (cross between top sportsman and pro mod basically) , between rounds, you're lucky if we had time to clean dust, rubber etc off the body let alone all the different liquid residues ( methanol ,oil or anything else ) that some how seem to coat everything exposed or not. Quite a budget operation by the way (his wages basically) blown BBC, 65 impala ( never going to be superfast or competitive just fun).

Anyways keep up the fantastic work, thanks for sharing it, cheers Brett

Hello,thank`s for the support guy`s........I made a 5 point seat belt harness........got the seat assembled into the chassis........got the dash and steering assembled......put some alclad on the tank`s........almost time to start on the engine.......my favorite part.......thank`s for looking.

DSCF8396.jpg

DSCF8395.jpg

DSCF8398.jpg

DSCF8403.jpg

DSCF8407.jpg

DSCF8417.jpg

DSCF8418.jpg

DSCF8413.jpg

DSCF8412.jpg

DSCF8406.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

HOLY COW John!!! Having seen your work in person the last couple of years at DSC in Phoenix (missed seeing you this year), I must say you have definitely out done yourself on this one. Your work is always amazing and your scratchbuilding techniques are just ridiculously good. Thanks for posting all of the pictures, it is a great way for us hacks to get some tips and ideas.

Hello.......got a good start on the plumbing.......fuel pump ready to go.......throttle linkage and plumbing ready to go......tank`s and shrouds assembled to the chassis......all fittings scracth made with solid hex rod drilled out.......cut and filled and painted Tamiya clear red and clear blue........they are not perfect but,good enough for the girls I go with........thank`s for looking.

DSCF8422.jpg

DSCF8424.jpg

DSCF8427.jpg

DSCF8429.jpg

DSCF8431.jpg

DSCF8432.jpg

Hello......I made some valve handles........installed some "Pro Tech" gauges.........cock pit is finished.......steering wheel is removable.......I installed most of the engine......I will finish the engine using "Pro Tech" parts tomorrow.......thank`s for looking.

DSCF8433.jpg

DSCF8438.jpg

DSCF8435.jpg

DSCF8440.jpg

DSCF8453.jpg

DSCF8451.jpg

DSCF8444.jpg

DSCF8448.jpg

DSCF8452.jpg

DSCF8454.jpg

John,

She sure is coming along.... The detail is excellent. Top Notch build my friend. I can't wait to see what you have in store for the paint on the body. Keep the pics coming.

[/quote

Chris......I really don`t know the thickness of the aluminum I used for the shrouds.......I buy a package at the local model train store........the package has 2 sheets and they are about 4x5 inches......it cost around 2 bucks and.they are pretty thin sheets........I can cut them with scissors and file the edges with ease......they are about the same thickness as a sheet of thin styrene........hope I helped........thank`s everyone for the kind comments.

Hello......I made some valve handles........installed some "Pro Tech" gauges.........cock pit is finished.......steering wheel is removable.......I installed most of the engine......I will finish the engine using "Pro Tech" parts tomorrow.......thank`s for looking.

DSCF8438.jpg

Hey john just to let you know for your next pro mod build. The NHRA rules say no NOS on supercharged cars.

Your cock pit work is outstanding.

Chris......I really don`t know the thickness of the aluminum I used for the shrouds.......I buy a package at the local model train store........the package has 2 sheets and they are about 4x5 inches......it cost around 2 bucks and.they are pretty thin sheets........I can cut them with scissors and file the edges with ease......they are about the same thickness as a sheet of thin styrene........hope I helped........thank`s everyone for the kind comments.

Thanks John.... I will have to check out one of the train shops here in the area that I have been meaning to hit up one of these days. I am sure they should have something like that there. That Engine is looking great with all of the detail. Seeing your progress has me itching to get back on my builds, just wish work would slow down so I had some time to work on some stuff.

Hello......I attached all the "Pro Tech" braided line......also "Pro Tech": fuel line,gauges,detailing wire and spark plug wire.......the engine is just about finished......I need to paint the MSD distributor cap and attach the MSD coil and attach the throttle cable......then I can paint the body......thank`s for looking.

DSCF8470.jpg

DSCF8476.jpg

DSCF8474.jpg

DSCF8480.jpg

DSCF8472.jpg

DSCF8486.jpg

DSCF8485.jpg

DSCF8487.jpg

DSCF8482.jpg

Hello......distributor cap is on......coil is hooked-up......all electrical is finished........rear wheel wells are attached.......rear wheels are removable......I need to attach rear wheel rings......front wheels are on......throttle and shut-off cables are attached........I am working on the body for primmer now......thank`s for looking.

DSCF8490.jpg

DSCF8493.jpg

DSCF8492.jpg

DSCF8495.jpg

DSCF8502.jpg

DSCF8511.jpg

DSCF8499.jpg

DSCF8496.jpg

DSCF8508.jpg

DSCF8510.jpg

Hey John, the chassis & engine came out looking great!, also baddgass is right, nitrous is not allowed on supercharged cars in the NHRA, however nitrous is allowed on supercharged cars in the ADRL (American Drag Racing League),just have to change the Pro-Mod (P/M) to Pro-Extreme (P/X), keep up the great work, can't wait to see this sucker painted!