Model Cars Magazine Forum

Iv noticed in my post of the cords nobody posted any comments at all or in the post of the resin tkm kits either. Its always important to have comments good or bad

i do enjoy other peoples input but

i really dont care what you people think about what i build im not here for anybodies approval i just enjoy showing off my builds. I always try to comment as much as i can and always good. so i personaly dont care if you comment or not and i will continue to post my pics when i want to. No thanks to anybody

OK, out of curiosity I found your two Cords in the Under Glass Section.

They look like fine builds to me.

As far as people not commenting on your post I would not take it personally as it happens to me all the time.

There are times when I, myself, don't comment but it's not done to offend or hurt anyone's feelings.

Hey Michael - most of the time people comment on cars they are familair with - Cords, while cool, aren't nearly as popular a subject as, say Mopars. Build a 60s Chrysler product and I assure you, there will be comments.

Thank you i appreciate your reply (good or bad) i totally understand what your saying but i always try to comment on all cars especially the ones im not familer with i get alot of insperation from them for example the cords. I noticed also alot of people talked about the tkm kits and pictures of them so i posted pics of 2 of mine 217 veiws no comments whats up with that? I would have greatly appreciated any comments on them to let me know how i did

OK, out of curiosity I found your two Cords in the Under Glass Section.

They look like fine builds to me.

As far as people not commenting on your post I would not take it personally as it happens to me all the time.

There are times when I, myself, don't comment but it's not done to offend or hurt anyone's feelings.

Thank you for the reply greatly appreciated :(

Hey Michael - most of the time people comment on cars they are familair with - Cords, while cool, aren't nearly as popular a subject as, say Mopars. Build a 60s Chrysler product and I assure you, there will be comments.

Build a Mopar BADLY and sit back and wait for the comments to come pouring in! Just kidding!

People normally will comment on what they know or within their interest group. I guess it's just human nature.

Build a Mopar BADLY and sit back and wait for the comments to come pouring in! Just kidding!

People normally will comment on what they know or within their interest group. I guess it's just human nature.

guess your right thanks :(

Michael, my attention will always be drawn to vintage cars like this and I never saw this post. It's been on the forum for less than a week and it's already near the bottom of page 2, guaranteeing that few will see it. I think there has been a high volume of posting in the past few days, which will bump it down.

Now for a critique: I think you did a very good job dealing with a kit that looks to be a piece of junk in the way it was designed and manufactured. Parts are all over the place in terms of scale, from a giant bumper to too-small wheels, and it looks like a bear to get the parts to fit. The paint and detail on the custom version save it, however, and it's extremely well done, especially considering what you had to work with (although we classic purists hate to see such an iconic car in that form). But I wouldn't have posted that because I prefer to be constructive and not negative about what I see.

It would be good if you could write some additional detail about what you did, what your challenges were, and how you dealt with them.

Michael, my attention will always be drawn to vintage cars like this and I never saw this post. It's been on the forum for less than a week and it's already near the bottom of page 2, guaranteeing that few will see it. I think there has been a high volume of posting in the past few days, which will bump it down.

Now for a critique: I think you did a very good job dealing with a kit that looks to be a piece of junk in the way it was designed and manufactured. Parts are all over the place in terms of scale, from a giant bumper to too-small wheels, and it looks like a bear to get the parts to fit. The paint and detail on the custom version save it, however, and it's extremely well done, especially considering what you had to work with (although we classic purists hate to see such an iconic car in that form). But I wouldn't have posted that because I prefer to be constructive and not negative about what I see.

It would be good if you could write some additional detail about what you did, what your challenges were, and how you dealt with them.

Thank you for your reply all though if people would have commented on the cords i would have explained anything ive done

(BTW) the stock cord is the crappy lindberg kit the custom is the 72 monogram kit i bought for parts :(

...i really dont care what you people think about what i build im not here for anybodies approval i just enjoy showing off my builds. I always try to comment as much as i can and always good. so i personaly dont care if you comment or not and i will continue to post my pics when i want to. No thanks to anybody

Geez, for a guy who "doesn't care" whether or not people comment, you sure seem upset. :(

Thank you for your reply all though if people would have commented on the cords i would have explained anything ive done

(BTW) the stock cord is the crappy lindberg kit the custom is the 72 monogram kit i bought for parts :(

That explains a lot. The Lindberg kit is just a re-pop of the ancient and horrible Pyro kit with chrome parts added, and the Monogram kit is very good. In retrospect, it would have been better to use the Monogram kit for stock and the Lindberg kit for custom. (Hindsight is always the best teacher.)

Edited by sjordan2

Geez, for a guy who "doesn't care" whether or not people comment, you sure seem upset. :blink:

I thought i would hear from you harry do you still treat the forum likes its a millon dollar operation? are you still so anal about things? <_<

I thought i would hear from you harry do you still treat the forum likes its a millon dollar operation? are you still so anal about things? <_<

Your original post was unnecessarily unpleasant and we don't need this kind of talk around here. I thought that the responses to this post have been very helpful and understanding. (But if you're needy for feedback, you're going to get it now, and you're not going to like it).

Play nice.

Edited by sjordan2

michael , I never seen your post till today, like they said if it gets busy it will get bumped real fast before we can see the post.

here is the custom Cord that I am working on so if I had seen it I would have said something.

DSC00347.jpg

looking at yours walt inspired me to buy mine i was a little suprised when i didnt hear from you thanks for your comments <_<:blink:

Your original post was unnecessarily unpleasant and we don't need this kind of talk around here. I thought that the responses to this post have been very helpful and understanding. (But if you're needy for feedback, you're going to get it now, and you're not going to like it).

Play nice.

i guess i asked for it good or bad right thanks again for your reply (nice guy)!!! <_<

This is not meant to offend anyone or start a fight, but I do look at most every new post when I log on, but I didn't know it was required to post a comment on EVERY model! I have seen work from probably 99% of the posters in this thread, and of those, the models have all been very nice, but I'm not going to post "Nice" or "Nice work" 1000 times a day just because not having a reply is hurting egos!

This is not meant to offend anyone or start a fight, but I do look at most every new post when I log on, but I didn't know it was required to post a comment on EVERY model! I have seen work from probably 99% of the posters in this thread, and of those, the models have all been very nice, but I'm not going to post "Nice" or "Nice work" 1000 times a day just because not having a reply is hurting egos!

Right on BRUTHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIGHT ON ........ Ed Shaver

That... about sums it up! Combine that, with the response by the op to Harry's comment, and it explains a lot. If it means that much to the op, then -bump- it back to the top.

That... about sums it up! Combine that, with the response by the op to Harry's comment, and it explains a lot. If it means that much to the op, then -bump- it back to the top.

ive given you a nice comment on your corvair and your response was wich button to push for my replies that was the only reponse ive ever gotten from you another nice guy THANKS ALOT!!!! <_<

Michael, if responses to your posts are important to you, you are doing nothing to endear yourself to members of this forum.

Chill out man, build models, post them and enjoy this hobby.

No you dont have to leave comments 1000 times a day but its always nice leave them once in a while <_<

I have posted a few models I have built and I have never gotten much of a response, granted my earlier models really are not very good but the stuff I have been building are better (still not to the caliber as a lot of people here) I dont let it bother me. If people post great if not whatever, just don't let if bother ya. By the way I even built a mid 60's mopar and got very little response :)