Model Cars Magazine Forum

decal question ?

Hello All , Im buiding a 1/25 scale 1970 Ls6 Chevelle SS. It will be Black with White SS strips on the hood and trunk. I fear that the black will bleed thru after the decals are put on? I can paint on the strips but the fine stripe around the outside edges will be difficult too do. should I double decal the stripes? or can sombody make me some good quality white SS strips that will cover the black with out bleed thru? any help and suggestion will be very apprecaitive thanks for your time....

Bud Ellis Kustoms

Hello All , Im buiding a 1/25 scale 1970 Ls6 Chevelle SS. It will be Black with White SS strips on the hood and trunk. I fear that the black will bleed thru after the decals are put on? I can paint on the strips but the fine stripe around the outside edges will be difficult too do. should I double decal the stripes? or can sombody make me some good quality white SS strips that will cover the black with out bleed thru? any help and suggestion will be very apprecaitive thanks for your time....

Bud Ellis Kustoms

Im by no means an authority on this subject, and Ive never tried it myself, but, if it were mine, I would paint the large section like you said and cut just the fine stripe out of the decal to use around the edge. I would think if its thin enough, you wont get any noticeable bleed through. Just my 2 cents, Im sure someone else will have some great suggestions too.

Bud Ellis Kustoms

Im by no means an authority on this subject, and Ive never tried it myself, but, if it were mine, I would paint the large section like you said and cut just the fine stripe out of the decal to use around the edge. I would think if its thin enough, you wont get any noticeable bleed through. Just my 2 cents, Im sure someone else will have some great suggestions too.

• 2 weeks later...