Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Itsy bitsy teenie weenie, parts on the lathe

I made some very small parts for futurattraction on the lathe. I wish I could still see as good as I did when I was young. It is hard looking though glasses and a magnifying glass at a spinning part on the lathe. I am sorry about the poor photo quality I am waiting for parts for the lens of my good camera.

propulleys012-vi.jpg

I made some very small parts for futurattraction on the lathe. I wish I could still see as good as I did when I was young. It is hard looking though glasses and a magnifying glass at a spinning part on the lathe. I am sorry about the poor photo quality I am waiting for parts for the lens of my good camera.

propulleys012-vi.jpg

Very nice!!!!!!! I need those too! LOL

Is he having several of each made or are these for his car?

Hey Ben and Len,

I had Jim make these up so I can mold and cast them. They'll be available. Not sure exactly when yet. A bit more of an explanation... I wanted to add a more detail to the front of my 351C pro stock engine so had Jim make a new crank damper stub with separate dry sump drive pulley. I also had him make the water pump drive motor and pulley for the front of the water pump. I'm gonna try to design a PE bracket that will attach the WP motor to the WP. Also need to come up with a piece to mount the dry sump pump. I can't wait to get them and see what they look like in person! B) Scott

Edited by futurattraction

What kinds of parts are you looking for Chris? I've got packages of parts that I've developed specifically for what I hope will eventually be a more or less complete Fairmont pro stocker. The thing I've tried to keep in mind is to make them as universal in their application as possible. I've got several pkgs that include some neat PE pieces. Some packages are resin Lenco 4-speed with PE "old style" flat Lenco levers and linkage rods, retrofit PE 4-link brackets and SS tubing for Revell pro sportsman kit that also fits my Fairmont (or vice-versa), Pro Mod 4-link PE set with link tubes, resin/PE strut front end that is very detailed (about 10 separate pieces per strut), drilled and undrilled rotor kits, narrowed and braced resin 9-inch rear end, "2x3 mandrel bent" rear frame rails with cross members, high detail Holley Dominator carbs with separate boosters, and 351C pro stock engine. If you want more specifics, or pics of stuff, feel free to e-mail me @ scott@futurattraction.com

Scott