Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

340 six pack

Prime

that is a real nice kit to build just one word of caution actually more like a tip to make it easier for you!

along the hood where you glue the scoop on you may just want to hit that with whatever color your going to use first cause once you glue the scope on there it gets or at least got for me a little difficult to get paint up under neath there so again just think of this but other than that it is probably one of the best kit ive ever seen! which reminds me i have to finsh the paintwork on mine and get the decals on and maybe throw a coat of clear on and ill be done with mine!

also if you happen to like me loose the hoodscoop look in the 70 aar cuda kit cause it may have one there that is not used hint thats what i had to do!

Edited by bandit1

that is a real nice kit to build just one word of caution actually more like a tip to make it easier for you!

along the hood where you glue the scoop on you may just want to hit that with whatever color your going to use first cause once you glue the scope on there it gets or at least got for me a little difficult to get paint up under neath there so again just think of this but other than that it is probably one of the best kit ive ever seen! which reminds me i have to finsh the paintwork on mine and get the decals on and maybe throw a coat of clear on and ill be done with mine!

also if you happen to like me loose the hoodscoop look in the 70 aar cuda kit cause it may have one there that is not used hint thats what i had to do!

Thanks, great tip. I'm working on this part now.

Ok, I spent several minutes cleaning the body and removing a few mold lines. First challenge was to seperate the grill and lower valence, this came as a whole piece. I clued the lower panel to the fenders using a bit of gel super clue. Minutes later it was sanded and coated with Mr. Surfacer 500 primer. I sanded it smooth with 600 grit sandpaper and finally 1000 grit.

DSC06844.jpg

I jumped ahead a bit. I painted the air cleaner Hemi orange and added the decals.

DSC06848.jpg