Model Cars Magazine Forum

hey guys~

i have a question.. Have you ever picked up a new hobby and were like i dont feel like building? i started getting into racing rc cars last week and have been thinking about how id rather focus more on that! i know when winter comes around i wont be able to racing ( i race on road eletric) just looking for some input! thanks :P:lol:

Man, all I can tell you is that it is normal to get the slumps, and the best advice I can give you when that happens is NOT to build anything, but FEED YOUR IMAGINATION by watching movies, reading the mags, going out t a car show or two . . . eventually you are going to get ENERGIZED again. Of course, I can also say that if you hang out on this forum for a weekend or two you are going to WANT to build something!

I thoroughly enjoy building models. And even though that is true I just went through a 3 week slump of doing nothing on the bench.

I usually keep a couple of really simple builds in my stash just for those times.

We all go through it, and we all come out of it, building more and better models.

hey DR. yeah, the last model i built took me about 2 months cause i lost interest.. idk i know im gunnna keep airbrushing things! (rc bodys, xbox's ECT.) but i feel like this is the end of the road u know . like i liked building at first. but its kinda boring now. cause i can get together with friends and people in the race scene.. and hang out .. you really cant do that with building models.. who knows thanks for the input.. big fan of your work!

hey DR. yeah, the last model i built took me about 2 months cause i lost interest.. idk i know im gunnna keep airbrushing things! (rc bodys, xbox's ECT.) but i feel like this is the end of the road u know . like i liked building at first. but its kinda boring now. cause i can get together with friends and people in the race scene.. and hang out .. you really cant do that with building models.. who knows thanks for the input.. big fan of your work!

Why don't you build (or at least paint) and detail your own RC cars? They'll be different from anything else out there.

like i liked building at first. but its kinda boring now. cause i can get together with friends and people in the race scene.. and hang out .. you really cant do that with building models..

Sure you can! Join a club. Or go to shows and swap meets. Or all of the above! Model building can be a very social hobby if that's what you want it to be.

A lot of people also have summer/winter hobbies, Rob. For example, they'll go R/C racing, fishing, tennis, golf, whatever, during the warmer weather and during the cool weather, tend to do more indoor things, like building models.

I tend to do stuff year-'round, but I pace myself in all things. I try to avoid burnout of any kind by not concentrating too much on one project or aspect of my life at one time. Here's what I tend to do. Tired of one project on the bench? Pull out another, revisit it later. Need a brake from modeling? Go read or write. Need to do something else? Go do it.

No hobby, or career, should create burnout. Nothing is gained from wearing yourself out.

Charlie Larkin

With my knee all buggered up I thought whoo hoo bench time!

Yeah, right. Darn Dodge has sat for a week. That and I was really bummed having to miss GSL.

I finally received the last of some kits I wanted to complete a pet project. I'm building a series of tanks representing USMC armor from WWII to the present. I started on one today, an M48A3 from VietNam, and lo and behold I was working on the Dodge again.

Something new or different will spark the interest again. Like with the RC cars, Just Do It!

G