Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum so I thought I'd post up a pic of the last truck I built. It's a Kenworth VIT200, based on the AMT kit modifications include: chassis shortened, decals from Modeltruckin, rear mudflaps replaced with thinner ones, scratchbuilt mudflaps added to front and quarter guards, alloy tank steps, aerials added, custom number plates and deeper front bar.

It's painted with Holts Duplicolour paints GMH Palais white and GMH Topaz gold for the chassis, I had to rush the build to have it finished in time for the NSW NNL Titles so there's a few things I could've done awhole lot better but I was really pressed for time to get it finished and on the table!

Cheers Rob

myvit200.jpg

That looks really nice. I hope mine comes out as nice as yours.

Are you planning on a W900 for a matched set?

Yeah was thinking seriously about doing the matching set! They were such nice looking factory trucks. I wont rush the next one though.

What I see here is a very nice truck! A clean and fine build.

I like the way it looks, brings back memories of 70s & 80s.

But I have a question, its ok with me if you laugh there :lol:B)

What are the diferences between VIT200 and K100 Aerobyne and further more K123? They look just the same in my eyes.

Thanks in advance,

Kostas.

The VIT200 & the K100 Aerodyne are the same thing, it's just that the VIT200 is were Kenworth debuted the VIT (Very Important Trucker) interior and the Aerodyne sleeper on the K100 & W900 for the US Bicentennial (hence the 200) in 1976. Only 100 if these trucks were made (50 K100 & 50 W900).

The K123 from AMT is the older style cab & older style nomenclature. What K123 means is it's a K100 with (2) steer tires & (3) a spring suspension. The older cab had a narrower grill & the handle syle door handles. The AMT kit is about a 1968 to 1972.

The AMT K100 Aerodyne ia a 1976 to about 1979. This kit has the wider grill & the pull style door handles. The Revell of Germany K100 Aerodyne about a 1980-81.

You'll notice that there are no models for 1973 & 1974. To make those Model Years, you either need to get a flat-top conversion for the AMT K100 Aerodyne or put the wider grill & new pull-style door handles on the AMT K123 (making it a K100). I'm planning on using the latter one to make my 1974 Oneida Freight Kenworth K100. I'll be posting pics when ever I get around to actually making it!

Does any of that makes any sense?

The VIT200 & the K100 Aerodyne are the same thing, it's just that the VIT200 is were Kenworth debuted the VIT (Very Important Trucker) interior and the Aerodyne sleeper on the K100 & W900 for the US Bicentennial (hence the 200) in 1976. Only 100 if these trucks were made (50 K100 & 50 W900).

The K123 from AMT is the older style cab & older style nomenclature. What K123 means is it's a K100 with (2) steer tires & (3) a spring suspension. The older cab had a narrower grill & the handle syle door handles. The AMT kit is about a 1968 to 1972.

The AMT K100 Aerodyne ia a 1976 to about 1979. This kit has the wider grill & the pull style door handles. The Revell of Germany K100 Aerodyne about a 1980-81.

You'll notice that there are no models for 1973 & 1974. To make those Model Years, you either need to get a flat-top conversion for the AMT K100 Aerodyne or put the wider grill & new pull-style door handles on the AMT K123 (making it a K100). I'm planning on using the latter one to make my 1974 Oneida Freight Kenworth K100. I'll be posting pics when ever I get around to actually making it!

Does any of that makes any sense?

Thank you very much!!!

Your description makes diferences look a little bit clear than before, but you know what? All these KWs still look the same to my eyes!!! B):lol: :lol: And the best of all is that I like themespecialy those aerodynes!!!!

Kostas.

Thanks for the info guys, I've got a few things to tidy up on it including the gap near the grill! :) I've been trying to learn more about the VIT200's, I heard that each of the COE's and W900's were named after a state? And had a plaque with the name on it. Can anyone confirm this?

• 4 months later...

Liberty kenworth?

for some reason i thought they made a limited liberty edition, same stripes and colors but lil custom differances. lol my mind must be going cause i cant seem to find any pics of one. if i aint mistakin it said liberty on the sleeper and it had a bell on the hood. now this is gonna eat at me all night lol !! :huh::wacko::rolleyes::lol:B)

for some reason i thought they made a limited liberty edition, same stripes and colors but lil custom differances. lol my mind must be going cause i cant seem to find any pics of one. if i aint mistakin it said liberty on the sleeper and it had a bell on the hood. now this is gonna eat at me all night lol !! :huh::wacko::rolleyes::lol:B)

You can get some sleep now Dennis

The liberty was a later B.I think I read that the steering wheel was unique to them.The bell is behind the dribers door,no close ups of it though

scan0007-3.jpg

here is the coe

scan0008-4.jpg

Edited by mistermodel