Model Cars Magazine Forum

Joplin Missouri hit by tornado with video of the tornado

Joplin Mo. took a hard hit by a tornado. I just moved away from there last October... The Weather Channel is showing the aftermath of the hit. St. Johns Hospital received major damage. Pray for the people who have taken this horrible hit...

http://www.ksdk.com/...aged-by-tornado

Edited by Custom Hearse

Last I knew Dwayne was in St. Joe. I'm not sure how far that is from Joplin.

St. Joe is about 100 miles from Joplin, fortunately for him. Plastic butcher (Rick Bowerman) lives in Carthage, but visits Joplin quite often. I'm hoping he's okay, along with several other members of the 4 State Modelers Club which I was a member of.

P.S. Harry... Take care... There's a super cell headed towards Chicago. Take cover if necessary...

Edited by Custom Hearse

My mom has friends in Joplin and hasn't gotten a hold of them yet but from what it looks like they live away from were the damage was worst.

I know some people that were at Lucas Oil Speedway, in Wheatland Missouri, and they said the track sustained damage and several people were sent to the hospital from there and the surrounding area.

Hey guy's The old plasticbutcher is ok, but we do have an MIA family member who was at 15th st Wally world, I can't reach our Joplin members by phone, Marshall you will allways be a member of 4 states buddy, hope the best for you

I hope you find your family in good health, and I'm glad to see you are okay!

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those families in this terrible time of dispair and destruction. I'm glad to know our modelling family is safe, but those who haven't spoken up yet from that area, please do soon as we are worried that you are alive and building. I so hope that the storms bypass this area and go somewhere else for a very long long time. Let God's Angels be with y'all.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those families in this terrible time of dispair and destruction. I'm glad to know our modelling family is safe, but those who haven't spoken up yet from that area, please do soon as we are worried that you are alive and building. I so hope that the storms bypass this area and go somewhere else for a very long long time. Let God's Angels be with y'all.

That's awesome of you to say that Jason. I'm very worried about a very good friend of mine right now. His Mom and I spoke on the phone this morning and neither one of us can contact him. He is one of the nicest people you could ever meet, and I pray to God that he is okay...

FOP Lodge in Joplin reported that by the grace of God no emergency personel were killed. As of this writing seven cops have had there homes destroyed, unknown how the fire or EMS service members are doing in that regard.

They have my thoughts and prayers.

G

The Missouri tornado has been named the worse tornado since 1950. I am bewildered by the raw power and destruction. What is even creepier is the number of deadly tornados in the US is up from previous years. Then you start thinking about all the other natural disasters… not only tornados, but massive flooding, earthquakes, and wildfires. We even had snow and ice storms that were beyond the norm.

Perhaps there is no perfect solution. Perhaps “flimsy†2x4 wood constructions should give way to steel beams. Do we need to live in bunkers just to survive nature?

just read that its up to 117 which broke a record from the 50's. they say its not going to get better. there are more storms brewing and will eventually hit the eas coast.

when it comes to mother nature, you can never be properly ready. she will hit you with all she has and you will never know what it is. being ready is just the first step to surviving.

i think anyone living in those areas should move while they have a chance. i know it's home, but when it fights you, you know its time to go.

I'm glad all the members of MCM that are in MO seem to be Ok ! I live in Independence which is about 189 miles from the heart of the storms this week end We only got rain !

I work for walmart in Harrisonville, Mo its a huge DC and we spent all night last night filling trucks full of food , paper goods, and soaps to ship down there to help everyone! We were told that our store was totally smashed and that we had lost 4 works with more hurt or missing ! I don't work during week so i have no clue if the number has grown yet but if your in the area and need help of any kind make your way to the wal mart unit and they will be able to help where it may be needed !

May God bless everyone of my Modeling brothers that may be in need of help !