Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Daytona Pro Mod 1/16th scale updated 4/3/12 ..It's a wrap!

So when did Mickey Thompson and Hoosier merge into one company?

They merged when I mistakenly put the two companys decals together LOL! I'll be removing one of the two emblems today didnt realize what I had done untill after the pics were taken.

So this is a fantasy build? Totally cool, like Ira's stuff. Now I think I get it! Sorry for the earlier comments, back then I thought you were going for realistic before.

Theres one like you in every crowd no apologies needed!

The tires & rims look great Rom, (remove the M/T's, keep the Hoosiers, just my opinion),I also agree with you (& others) the stuff from R.B.Motion is great, I've got the tire valves & a bunch of bolts,nuts etc. for my 2 builds. I know you wanted to see the cars but I want to get a little more done before I take pics & post, very soon.

The tires & rims look great Rom, (remove the M/T's, keep the Hoosiers, just my opinion),I also agree with you (& others) the stuff from R.B.Motion is great, I've got the tire valves & a bunch of bolts,nuts etc. for my 2 builds. I know you wanted to see the cars but I want to get a little more done before I take pics & post, very soon.

Yeah Richard Im looking forward to seeing those builds of yours , hurry up and post something.

I did end up taking the Mickey Thompson logos off the tires I'll repost some pics later tonight. (boy did i feel like a goofball on that mess up :blink: )

Yeah that could have been the problem Jim, and by the way great job on that build of yours.

Now I have a few things to post tonight but first I think I better post the corrected tires....

finaltouches001.jpg

I also have the wheel hubs, rim centers and disc brakes mounted on the rear axles

finaltouches002.jpg

I almost forgot to make my wishbone had to fab one up really quick

finaltouches003.jpg

need to clean it up , I'll take care of that tomarrow then Ill install it with nuts and bolts.

finaltouches004.jpg

me and the lovely wife (dont know how this pic got in here....

finaltouches005.jpg

be right back with another update....

I need to make a brake line setup for the double calipers in the rear so heres what I did

I soldered together two pieces of frame wire like this

brakelines001.jpg

then added RB Motion AN fittings

brakelines002.jpg

may look confusing but you'll get it once its all plumbed

brakelines003.jpg

more soldering more fittings

brakelines005.jpg

brakelines004.jpg

See ya tomarrow with another update......

Hey Rom.... I don't know if its just me but I am not able to see all of the pics you posted in your last two posted. I just see a note from photobucket saying this image exceeds bandwidth with too many views. strange. guess I will try looking up on my cell phone.

geniuous!, also , often wonder what all of us knuckleheads look like, great to see a face to go with a personality, my wife started on her first model couple nights ago, how cool is that?

Now that's kool , my wife has helped me a few builds sanding and making suggestions & shooting some of my photos. Its nice when you have someone who enjoys what you do.

OK....i gotsta know....is this your most in depth, crazy, handcrafted, off the wall build ever? Because ive never seen so much love to go into a model and if you've got something more amazing than this then i have to see it, if you would present it good sir. Amazing.....

Looks great Rom, Where did you get the tire and wheel decals?

Joe the decals actually come from Slixx you can find them on the goodie sheets these are by the way 1/24th scale

Pretty, she lets you build models - if she cooks you have the trifecta :) Oh and the car is looking good to LOL

She cook as good as she looks LOL!...

Well fellas I have another update for ya ...... I got the brake lines all hooked up to the read calipers and I attached the wheels , Shes standing on her own rubber for the first time . Here have a peek for your self.

wheelsattached001.jpg

the body is on just to make sure everything fit ........

wheelsattached003.jpg

wheelsattached004.jpg

And ofcourse the beadlocks rings are added......

wheelsattached005.jpg

more to come...... B)

OK....i gotsta know....is this your most in depth, crazy, handcrafted, off the wall build ever? Because ive never seen so much love to go into a model and if you've got something more amazing than this then i have to see it, if you would present it good sir. Amazing.....

There are links to four of my build in my signature if you'd like to see them... :)

Ok im back with part two of tonights update

I had to figure out a way to get my front wheel on so here are the steps i took, I wanted a actual wheel bolt that i could screw on to hold the front wheels so I had to adapt the wheels to fit my spindles

First I had to make hubs for the rims because the center hole was larger than my spindles, here I used a tap and dye set to make the threads.

wheelsattached006.jpg

this is the hub that will go in the center of the rim so that the wheel will fit the spindle.

wheelsattached007.jpg

here the hub fitted on the spindle....

wheelsattached008.jpg

sorry that I didnt get more pics of this but I also made the lock nut that hold the wheel on the spindle it actually screws on the end of the spindle the two holes you see will allow for me to put a pin through the nut to make sure its secure to the spindle.

wheelsattached009.jpg

And here she is for the first time sitting on her own rubber.....

wheelsattached010.jpg

Getting closer to paint time, if I can just get some good weather...... B)