Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/32 Scale Mack Cruiseliner - Pics Added

Hello Everybody

Thinking of adding some 1/32 scale truck parts to our product line. Cabs, hoods etc.

I have a master cab for a Mack Cruiseliner with two different grill options, interior tub, cab visor and front bumper. Just wanted to see if there is any interest out there in it before dipping it all in rubber. Let me know your thoughts on it.

Thanks in advance !!!

1-32ScaleMackCruiseliner001.jpg

1-32ScaleMackCruiseliner002.jpg

1-32ScaleMackCruiseliner003.jpg

1-32ScaleMackCruiseliner005.jpg

Edited by Porky

I'm curious. I heard somewhere that Monogram had plans to add a 1/32nd scale Ultraliner Magnum to their catalog back in the mid 1980s, but dropped it when Revell purchased them. I never heard of a 1/32nd scale Cruise Liner.

Does the cab have the mack letters above the grill and the 3 bar grill? I know 2 people with cruiseliners that I want to re-create so I am very interested in this!

The cab dose have the Mack Letting above the grill, will have to take a look at the grill and get back to you on the number of bars. The larger grill has the mack letters on it so you would have to remove the lettering on the cab to use it. I will post some pics of it asap.

Maybe not a Cruiseliner, but at least some better wheels & tires.

Hey Jim

I am looking for some good master for better tires and wheels, If you got any ideas on where to come up with some let me know.

yes yes yes very cool,and some rear fenders

Hey Gordon

I will post some pics of the master parts asap so you can check it out. Will have to come up with some fender masters or make them, I will see what I can do on them.

I'm curious. I heard somewhere that Monogram had plans to add a 1/32nd scale Ultraliner Magnum to their catalog back in the mid 1980s, but dropped it when Revell purchased them. I never heard of a 1/32nd scale Cruise Liner.

Hey Charles

Far as I know they never made a 1/32 scale Cruiseliner, this cab was made by the man who sent it to me, it is a reworked kit cab, not sure which one though.

For those interested, this is the truck those wheels come on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/INTERNATIONAL-8600-DAY-CAB-SILVER-THERMO-KING-RE-/370465479669?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item5641769bf5

It is made by Boley. There are two versions. This one, the more expensive version features a very nice, very accurate 48' diecast reefer. The other, cheaper version has a plastic box van. Both versions share these wheels. The Internationals are the ONLY ones that Boley sells that have these wheels. Boley sells copies of the NewRay Peterbilts and they have those nasty NewRay wheels.

Ben, those wheels & tires look really nice, but $90 for 1/32 tires is a little pricey! I wonder if there is anything in the 1/35 military world that could by adapted. And why is it that 1/35 military models are so ralistic while 1/32 (and to some extent 1/25) models are so toy-like?

I am sold! Would the Revell Mack R probably be the best donor for this?

Hey Justin

I would think that the R Model mack would be a good donor kit and they are for sure cheap to pick up right now and you get a bonus tanker trailer B)

Hello Everybody

Thinking of adding some 1/32 scale truck parts to our product line. Cabs, hoods etc.

I have a master cab for a Mack Cruiseliner with two different grill options, interior tub, cab visor and front bumper. Just wanted to see if there is any interest out there in it before dipping it all in rubber. Let me know your thoughts on it.

Thanks in advance !!!

I wouldn't buy one. For me 1/25 Cruiseliner cab is much more detailed and right. No hard feelings.

I wouldn't buy one. For me 1/25 Cruiseliner cab is much more detailed and right. No hard feelings.

Hello, Thanks for the input and no hard feeling on this end. You are correct the 1/25 scale kit cab is alot more detailed and correct than this one. I think I am going to cast it anyway as I think there is enough interest in it to pay for the mold work on it and I think with some refinement to the cab after casting and then recast it it would be a very good piece for the 1/32 scale builders as there is limited subject matter out there in that scale.

Edited by Porky

Ben, those wheels & tires look really nice, but $90 for 1/32 tires is a little pricey! I wonder if there is anything in the 1/35 military world that could by adapted. And why is it that 1/35 military models are so realistic while 1/32 (and to some extent 1/25) models are so toy-like?

Hey Jim, Boley sells a cheaper version, about 25.00 for the tractor and trailer. This would be the best choice if one wants to rob the wheels and tires.

Eric is more than welcome to the ones that I have. If he wants to mold them, you'll be able to buy just the wheels and tires from him.

There is a much, much bigger demand for 1/35 military kits as opposed to the demand for 1/32 snap kits. The 1/32 snap kits are geared towards beginning modelers. To keep the price down so younger builders can afford them, high detail will be sacrificed.

That is a big reason why I would like one. I have never built a 1:32 scale truck I have a few unbuilt but is seems like a nice break every once in a while for someone like me who has only built a few kits. And it wont take up as much room on the shelf. :P

Hey Justin

I agree all the way around, they are pretty quick and easy to build and take up about half the dispay space as the 1/25 scale trucks. However you can add all the detail you want to the 1/32 trucks only issue there is you have to scratch build about all of the detail parts hence I think there is a market out there for the 1/32 resin parts, we will see.

I like messing around with the 1/32 stuff, I will stick a few pics on here of a couple projects

KW T600 twin steer tri-axle ( I located the second steer axle too close to the front one so I have tore this one apart to rework that )

KWT600TwinSteer027.jpg

KWT600TwinSteer044.jpg

KW K100 double bunk flat top

1-32SCALEPROJECTS12-24-2010003.jpg

Pete 359 with working roll back bed

1-32SCALEPROJECTS12-24-2010006.jpg

1-32SCALEPROJECTS12-24-2010007.jpg

1-32SCALEPROJECTS12-24-2010008.jpg

KW Jet Truck ( will be 3 of those jet engines on it )

1-32SCALEPROJECTS12-24-2010002.jpg

Phantom KW StubNose

1-32SCALEPROJECTS12-24-2010010.jpg

1-32SCALEPROJECTS12-24-2010011.jpg

KW K123 Day Cab with 27 ft box ( will have double 27 ft boxes )

1-32KWK123Daycab005.jpg

Wow Eric! Those are some cool projects!!!!!!!!!

For Charles, the all white reefer is the one I have.

All those Kenworth cabover projects that Eric is working on started out as a Kenworth Aerodyne cabover. A flat top cab was never made as a plastic kit.

AMT offered two Ford kits, a CL9000 cabover and an LTL9000 conventional. These kits feature a detailed little Detroit 8V71T engine. Amt offered a Mack Superliner, Kenworth Aerodyne conventional and cabover as well but they do not not have an engine.

ERTL offered the only International 9670 cabover ever offered in kit form and it does feature a tilting cab with engine but the engine is not very detailed.