Model Cars Magazine Forum

NNL NORTH

randx0

My two youngest sons ,Nathan 8 ,James 6 and I attended the NNL north show today. They both got up early and got ready to go . I only brought a few for the primer table (the two oldest are graduating and there hasn't been time to finish anything). we arrived fashionably late and set up the models then took a look at the vendors. I found a baldwin motion phase III corvette by mini exotics for 20.00 and snapped it up. bought some raffle tickets ,the guys love the hourly raffles they are always the first ones up there checking their numbers. the first raffle I won a diecast 1/64th corvette kit which Nathan and James built and entered.nnlandzoo170.jpg.

after that they got a little bored so I gave them 5 bucks a piece 5 minutes later they returned with a grocery bag each full of stuff whats funny is they still had money to buy a couple of raffle tickets as well.nnlandzoo071.jpg.

They spent the rest of the day playing with a new friend and their bargains.nnlandzoo070.jpg

several vendors were very generous and helped fill the bags further . Nathan had wanted the dukes 1/16th kit all day and kept hoping he would win it in the raffle ,he didn't, however a very very kind club member did and let him take it home .needless to say he is super excited to get working on it. I am very grateful for the generous nature of the vendors and club members that help encourage kids and I thank you. This also allowed me to actually chat with people and enjoy the models .I am always surprised at how the overall workmanship across the board is very high quality.

Randy, didja JOIN the club? If you DO you'll meet ALKINDSA guys JUST like YOU!!! For over 50 years i did this ALL by myself. THEN in 08 I found my club(DMCC) and I've NEVER been happier! It's a GREAT club, and if you find one to join, you'll see JUST how much FUN the can be. I EAGERLY await my monthly club meetings!:P:lol:;) ;)

Randy, didja JOIN the club? If you DO you'll meet ALKINDSA guys JUST like YOU!!! For over 50 years i did this ALL by myself. THEN in 08 I found my club(DMCC) and I've NEVER been happier! It's a GREAT club, and if you find one to join, you'll see JUST how much FUN the can be. I EAGERLY await my monthly club meetings!:rolleyes::D :D ;)

I have to agree with George as I belong to two model car clubs and enjoy them both as Ive learned a lot and met a lot of great people. Try it, what have you got to lose?

Randy,

Your posts were a pleasant surprise; I'm glad you and your sons enjoyed the show as much as we did! Don't forget there's a model contest coming up at Back to the 50's next week. Our Club (RPM) is helping promote the show with support from MSRA. Hopefully it will be a success!

Jim Kampmann

Randy,

Your posts were a pleasant surprise; I'm glad you and your sons enjoyed the show as much as we did! Don't forget there's a model contest coming up at Back to the 50's next week. Our Club (RPM) is helping promote the show with support from MSRA. Hopefully it will be a success!

Jim Kampmann

Is it a single day event? if so which day is it on?We try to make it to at least one day of back to the fifties.