Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2010 Mustang GT Coupe

Gregg

The only explanation I ever got was one that I just can't wrap my head around, something about not looking anything like anyone's tires.

Fantasic. How long before, instead of '10 Mustangs, we are treated to totally generic kits, such as " '10 Standard American Front Drive Compact Sedan"? B)

Didn't some of the old AMT kits ... the 1958 annuals, maybe ... have box art that didn't represent any particular car?

I have two '62 annuals by AMT- Ford Fairlane and Lincoln Continental. Neither car is represented on the box art except for a small black and white image in the upper right corner of the top and sides. Seems like '62 or 3 was the end for AMT's generic box practice. At least the kits looked like their subjects! B)

I have two '62 annuals by AMT- Ford Fairlane and Lincoln Continental. Neither car is represented on the box art except for a small black and white image in the upper right corner of the top and sides. Seems like '62 or 3 was the end for AMT's generic box practice. At least the kits looked like their subjects! B)

I always kinda thought it would be fun to try to replicate the boxart "cars." But, as you look at it closely, you see that they used so many elements of so many different cars (at least some significant portion of each make/model in the 1961-62 series), it became evident it was a far more ambitious undertaking than the result would be worth!

:lol:

I always kinda thought it would be fun to try to replicate the boxart "cars." But, as you look at it closely, you see that they used so many elements of so many different cars (at least some significant portion of each make/model in the 1961-62 series), it became evident it was a far more ambitious undertaking than the result would be worth!

:rolleyes:

The Lincoln kit has a pretty good rendering of a '62 Merc stock car on one side, but yeah... most of them were kind of mis-match of various cars, like you see in Armor All ads and such. I have thought of building such a model, though! :lol:

• 2 months later...

I was hoping to replicate my 1:1 2011 5.0 GT, Performance white with red LeMans stripe. It has a different than stock front spoiler, but that's not the hard issues. I have the Brembo package wheels and obviously the motor.