Model Cars Magazine Forum

48 Ford Convertible Street Rod 10/27

white-snake

Just a small update. I decided on the paint today. I have been wanting it two tone Silver an Passion Pearl (Purple) but I didn't want just the standard two tone. Here is what I came up with... It will have three colors, (HOK) Orion Silver - Top, Kandy Purple - Middle line and Passion pear (bottom) - The silver will have a flame that will dip into the "Purple" and the passion pearl will have a flame that goes into the silver. let me know what you think.

IMAG0344.jpg

Here is a shot of the Frenched Licensen plate with the Frame that I'm going to use

IMAG0343.jpg

Thanks again for looking, as always feed back is welcome

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all...

It has been a few weeks since I was able to update here. I have been waiting on getting bolts from Scale hardware so that I can get the rear axel and brakes on the frame, but I ran into a snag that I’m hoping someone here can help.

I planned on using the 0.80mm bolts from Scalehardware.com, but I found out they were too short for my application. :unsure: I have emailed them to see if they carry anything longer in the 0.80mm size, but I have not heard anything back from them as of yet. I was wondering if anyone on here know anywhere I can get bolts that are a 0.80mm diameter and at least 4 to 5mm long?

Im kind of in a holding pattern until I can find the bolts I need. :(

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone... It has been a while since I I have updated, Just kinda put this to the side for a while while I took care of some other things. Great news, one of our future modlers (My son) won his first trophy at Kentuckana model car club's show.

IMAG0380.jpg

Im very proud of him. B)

Now on to the update...

I have been working, trying to finish mocking up the trunk and rear seat and then work my way forward

Widing the wheel wells:

IMAG0389.jpg

Decided that I needed to redo the floor of trunk:

IMAG0390.jpg

• 1 month later...