Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche Carrera GT

white-snake

It was just Tamiya Black TS14, then cleared and polished.

I was going to ask the same question. Good to know. I like the way it looks. The black isn't as super glossy as on some models, which makes this one look really aggressive.

What did you use for the mesh over the engine and as the rear? Any way we could get a better look at the engine cover and of your outstanding seatbelt/harnesses?

Are the side indicators missing for a reason or was that just when you took the pictures? And (not to sound like some rivet-counting jerk) did you know the wheel centers are supposed to be red on one side (driver's, I think) and blue on the other? I didn't notice that the first time I built this kit, and I was building it for a guy who owned a real one (and who took me for a heart-stoppingly thrilling drive in it). My brother pointed it out and I was able to correct it before giving it as a gift.

Love the build.

I was going to ask the same question. Good to know. I like the way it looks. The black isn't as super glossy as on some models, which makes this one look really aggressive.

What did you use for the mesh over the engine and as the rear? Any way we could get a better look at the engine cover and of your outstanding seatbelt/harnesses?

Are the side indicators missing for a reason or was that just when you took the pictures? And (not to sound like some rivet-counting jerk) did you know the wheel centers are supposed to be red on one side (driver's, I think) and blue on the other? I didn't notice that the first time I built this kit, and I was building it for a guy who owned a real one (and who took me for a heart-stoppingly thrilling drive in it). My brother pointed it out and I was able to correct it before giving it as a gift.

Love the build.

The Mesh was just some wire mesh that I had picked up at a local hobby shop and I sprayed it with Tamiya gold. Then took the clear plastic that came with the kit and pushed the mesh thru the holds in the hood and that gave the shape I needed.

The side Markers had not been put on when I took the pics. I didn't know that the wheel nuts were different colors, that’s good to know for future builds. I just made these red because I built it as a custom. ;)

I don't even know where to start. I one day dream of being able to do detailing like that, especially on the interior. I know a lot of it has to do with the kit but still... The detailing is outrageous!!! I am soon fixing to start a Tamiya Ferrari Spider and I hope it turns out half as good as this one. Great build!

• 6 months later...