Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rat roadster with rat driving

Anybody else seen this new TV add for a famous pest control company about this family coming home after a vacation and 2 large rats are jamming on electric guitars in the living room and they give the family some grief about coming home too soon. Then they see the "O" pest control guy the family calls and the next scene is the pest guy looking out at the street and watching a real rat roadster driving by with the 2 rats in it. The little roadster is a late '20s rusty car with a flathead with flames shooting out of one of the the exhausts. It is fenderless and hood less and real looking. The flathead looks to have double or triple carbs. Like most things you want to see in commercials now days they flash show the car in about 3 seconds. But boy that flathead sounds great and those header flames look real. I saw it late last night on the country music channel while watching the program "Crossroads". The rats are a little scary for the younger viewers so be careful of that. I haven't seen it today yet. Patrick M

i like it when the one rat (i think his name is richard) goes: we could use the boy...on drums

it reminds me of when i was over at a coworkers house and my boy (16 months old) was drumming away on an empty bucket

so my coworkers wife told me she was going to buy him a set of drums for his birthday (trying to rile me up)

to wich i replied : good...maybe he'll lay of mine then B)

I saw the ad a couple weeks ago and thought it was very clever- rats in a rat rod. Then there's the cockroaches in the chopped '58 Chevy pickup. Two other Orkin ads feature a '72 Skylark and a '65 Galaxie. Orkin must be a cool company if they're into old cars B) .

I saw the ad a couple weeks ago and thought it was very clever- rats in a rat rod. Then there's the cockroaches in the chopped '58 Chevy pickup. Two other Orkin ads feature a '72 Skylark and a '65 Galaxie. Orkin must be a cool company if they're into old cars <_< .

Then you would love Truly Nolen..Thats his name and his car collection is huge....

If these companys spent as much of the budget on chemicals vs ads they would be good :rolleyes:

I saw the ad a couple weeks ago and thought it was very clever- rats in a rat rod. Then there's the cockroaches in the chopped '58 Chevy pickup. Two other Orkin ads feature a '72 Skylark and a '65 Galaxie. Orkin must be a cool company if they're into old cars <_< .

Either that, or they're trying to tie old cars in with rodents and pests that need exterminating :rolleyes:

Thanks Aaron from Australia for the complete add. I never saw the full add with the comment the boy should be on drums. I have never seen the other adds and I hope to. I remember Truly Nolan here in Phx when they seemed to have an old classic car at nearly every gas station in town. Boy do I regret not taking photos of all of those cars and trucks. Don't know where they are now. I couldn't imagine them being there now with all the parts thieves and car thieves out there now. Thanks guys for the neat responses. That little roadster had dual carbs on the flat head. Cool commercials.

Thanks Aaron from Australia for the complete add. I never saw the full add with the comment the boy should be on drums. I have never seen the other adds and I hope to. I remember Truly Nolan here in Phx when they seemed to have an old classic car at nearly every gas station in town. Boy do I regret not taking photos of all of those cars and trucks. Don't know where they are now. I couldn't imagine them being there now with all the parts thieves and car thieves out there now. Thanks guys for the neat responses. That little roadster had dual carbs on the flat head. Cool commercials.

Still see some of the Truly Nolan old cars here in Tucson.