Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scale caculater?

There was a site that had an on line caculater that would convert 1-1 measurements

to whatever scale you needed.

Scale motor cars.com

Well I can't get on there anymore.

Do's anyone know of a site that has one on it?

Or tell me if I'm doing something wrong to get to the site.

Edited by ewaskew

There is a caculater that is for download on different sites,that is can be put on your computer.I use it all the time. the programs name is Scalecalc ,there is another I can use but its a pay program.I like using it to its called Handy Converter like was said above,a normal caculater can do it but more steps involved then a computer program.if needed I can find the site for you.Thanks,Chris

There was a site that had an on line caculater that would convert 1-1 measurements

to whatever scale you needed.

All you need is a simple pocket calculator. Divide the 1/1 size by the scale you're working at.

Example: 1/1 measurement is 12 inches. You're working in 1/8 scale. Divide 12 by 8.

Example: 1/1 measurement is 12 inches. You're working in 1/20 scale. Divide 12 by 20.

Example: 1/1 measurement is 12 inches. You're working in 1/25 scale. Divide 12 by 25.

All you have to do is divide the full-scale measurement by the scale that you're working at. Simple!