Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone on here use GIMP for photo manipulation? I saw some neat ways to use it on another forum and found it was a free download. Wow! What a pain. I downloaded it twice and followed the instructions,but it just didn't take.Now my Apple is working funny and I can't seem to undo it. The support is virtually non-existent. I know it was free,but you would think there would be some help. Anyway what I Iiked about it was the ability to overlay photos . Does anyone know of a program,free or reasonably priced that has that feature. Yeah and that was somewhat of a rant. Sorry B):blink:

Anyone on here use GIMP for photo manipulation? I saw some neat ways to use it on another forum and found it was a free download. Wow! What a pain. I downloaded it twice and followed the instructions,but it just didn't take.Now my Apple is working funny and I can't seem to undo it. The support is virtually non-existent.

So you expect free software to also come with "customer" support???

:):lol::lol:

GIMP is open source software. Learn what it is and benefit by it. Otherwise ,you lose.

This message brought to you via Chrome on Linix Ubuntu 10.10 operating system open source software.

No, I am not a geek. If you can load and run windows or use a Mac, you can run this os.

Ah, There is quite a bite of documentation and tutorials if you bother to look. You have to be industrious and look for it. Man, what I put up with.

Been all over the net for the better part of the day. I found a few forums and it made me feel better that there were at least six messages all starting with Having problems with GIMP opening.

I think I'm done with free downloads.Garage Sale is supposed to be the best program for Apple users for online auctions,and when I tried the trial version,it loaded with half in English and the other half in German!! I asked support if the trial was an express version and not full featured.The response was it was a full featured trial and would I like to buy it.Not if the trial was that bad. Now I just have to figure out how to dump all this stuff in my computer.

• 2 weeks later...

If you just want to overlay and crop photos, I used to use a program called Merge. It would let you lay one image over another, crop the images, and set their transparancy. It worked pretty good for making forum sigs where the large ones are allowed. Here's an example of what it does. Please excuse the crude camera phone pictures I used as it was just one of my quick early trials.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h283/elitelowsjack/Skydime%20construction/ForumSig.jpg

Edited by Skydime