Model Cars Magazine Forum

Won this in a model contest raffle.

69*Goat

Hey guys:

I picked this up yesterday at a contest. This is not a subject that I would have even considered building. After unsealing it and taking a look at it, it is not a bad kit. It actually has some potential. I normally build F1, Le Mans, and ALMS subjects.

The decals in this kit are toast, and it is not a scheme that I would have picked to do anyway.

Is anyone making any aftermarket decals for these things?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

DSC_0700.jpg

I would have preferred the BUD livery, or the Goodwrench livery but they were sold out.

Honestly, it wouldn't be hard to make the Goodwrench from a set of Dale Earnhardt decals. If I remember correctly, the Goodwrench truck was also owned by RCR, so many of the decals including the "3" were, or at least should be, the same as Dale's.

Honestly, it wouldn't be hard to make the Goodwrench from a set of Dale Earnhardt decals. If I remember correctly, the Goodwrench truck was also owned by RCR, so many of the decals including the "3" were, or at least should be, the same as Dale's.

The '3' truck was indeed owned by Richard Childress and was very similar to the Cup car.

skinner2-vi.jpg

skinner1-vi.jpg

It was driven by Mike Skinner and the team won the first ever "official" NASCAR truck race at Phoenix in 1995.

Here's the model I did of this truck many years ago:

ncts02-vi.jpg

Drew

• 3 weeks later...

Actually the Goodwrench car decals won't work on the truck as well or as easily as it looks on the surface. But since all these R/M Chevy trucks share the same parts, all you'd need is the decals from the Skinner Goodwrench truck issue. I'm not sure if they were done by an aftermarket company, but get the ones for the truck as opposed to the car to make building it easier on you.

Actually the Goodwrench car decals won't work on the truck as well or as easily as it looks on the surface. But since all these R/M Chevy trucks share the same parts, all you'd need is the decals from the Skinner Goodwrench truck issue. I'm not sure if they were done by an aftermarket company, but get the ones for the truck as opposed to the car to make building it easier on you.

\

actually there was a guy doing all this old nascar decals but i cant remember the site maybe if i remember ill post a link but he did everything!